Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
258 Posts
Not sure I would go all "LL lawyer" yet......
Not a fun ride, but ya gotta wait in line.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you seen an actual legal retainer agreement you would be required to sign when retaining the services of a Lemon law attorney in your state for a LL lawsuit for a Bolt?

This is a very "State Specific" issue. I can only comment on California where I live, If I were to lose, I would owe no legal fees/costs. If I were to win, I would owe no legal fees/costs, (paid by the manufacturer per state law).

Again, I can't comment on what State you're talking about. In California, the best settlement is known as "Cash & Keep".
Interesting article about Law Firms and Lemon Law in California....
Law Firms Are Abusing California Lemon Law Fee Provision (atra.org)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you seen an actual legal retainer agreement you would be required to sign when retaining the services of a Lemon law attorney in your state for a LL lawsuit for a Bolt?

This is a very "State Specific" issue. I can only comment on California where I live, If I were to lose, I would owe no legal fees/costs. If I were to win, I would owe no legal fees/costs, (paid by the manufacturer per state law).

Again, I can't comment on what State you're talking about. In California, the best settlement is known as "Cash & Keep".
Thank you for knowing what you are talking about thru actual experience and not theoretical opinion. And to those who surrendered their Bolt thru buyback or swap, please pay attention to the last word of this man's reply. (it's self explanatory)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Short answer: eventually. Tomorrow makes two months since I signed and returned the formal buyback offer for my '17 Premier. Part of the delay was GM assuming I still lived in North Carolina where I bought the car. The nearest EV servicing Chevy dealer is 170 miles south of my home in far northern Maine. They're sure taking their time finding a host dealership... time to call them again.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
They're sure taking their time finding a host dealership... time to call them again.
I recommend finding host dealership on your own. The concierge selected one for me early in the process. When it came time, that dealer refused and I was sent to another. I changed to a swap and the dealer I was sent to refused to do a swap. I called around and found a dealer willing to do it and gave the contact info. to the repurchase rep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recommend finding host dealership on your own. The concierge selected one for me early in the process. When it came time, that dealer refused and I was sent to another. I changed to a swap and the dealer I was sent to refused to do a swap. I called around and found a dealer willing to do it and gave the contact info. to the repurchase rep.
Does anyone have a positive experience or could recommend a dealer in San Diego to be the "host dealer"?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Back before Christmas, my buyback rep said the local dealer had no charging capability and that was a sticking point. But the town (Fort Kent, at the northern terminus of US1) has a couple of public L2s and I'd give them the Volt-decaled 15 amp L2 I found at a Goodwill a few years ago. The Juicebox stays with me. Guess I need to stop out there and talk to them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting article about Law Firms and Lemon Law in California....
Law Firms Are Abusing California Lemon Law Fee Provision (atra.org)
This article raises some valid points about what a consumer should consider before retaining an attorney for an LL case.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider retaining an attorney who wasn't going to handle the case fully in-house, (especially for such a simple matter as a Bolt lemon).

Let's also be honest here. The industry funded ATRA is hardly an un-biased source of information. ROLFLMAO at the 142,000 "Grass-Roots Supporters", (.04% of America's population).:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
716 Posts
@Brad B : I've been very angry at this whole ordeal, probably more angry than most. When this all started I tried to get a buy back and they only wanted to give me $22,500 of the $27,000 I paid in August for the car (fees, state sales tax, DMV, on $38k MSRP) and I've been livid ever since.

Fast forward to right now I think the cleanest and easiest "out" from this whole ordeal is an MSRP swap. If you force them to give you 38k value towards say a Silverado and then trade that Silverado for another vehicle, like a Kona EV or something (my suggestion!) then you've gotten yourself a steal probably.

Unless you like to fight for the sake of fighting I suggest MSRP swap to someone like yourself. GM hasn't acted worse than VW did during the diesel scandal and I think the MSRP swap is likely better overall than what those people got from their class actions (but they did get something)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I filed with an LL after requesting a buy back on my brand new 21' Bolt back in Sept day 1 or 2 of the buybacks opening. They kept requesting the same documents and over and after filing with an LL they emailed me again asking for the documents again that I've submitted 3x over now and this time additional documents that are ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm not doing a swap just a buyback and mine was no problem. I mentioned the closest dealer to me in my acceptance reply w/signed letter. The reply I got back within 30 minutes was that they were willing to host, the dealer's rep already signed their portion and returned it RVDC.

We fortunately have plenty of Chevy dealers in the SF Bay Area and probably most of those are EV-certified.

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt, 2017
54 Posts
I just got the buyback offer today. I live in Washington state (Olympia). Here are some details:
Paid $22,200 in 2019 for a model 2017 Bolt
Today’s buy back offer is $21,400
Car has 50,000 miles on it and there is no damage to it. I am a light driver so don't put many miles on it (retired).

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Today’s buy back offer is $21,400
Premier or LT?

You may want to get offers from Carvana, Vroom, etc. It costs nothing for a quote. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer a better price.

Too bad Carbravo isn't up and running yet. It would be hilarious if they offered more for the car than a buyback offer.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Too bad Carbravo isn't up and running yet. It would be hilarious if they offered more for the car than a buyback offer.
Lemon law repurchase price formulas often do not reflect used car market prices, so it should not be too surprising if some customers find repurchase prices to be much better or much worse than used car market prices.

Of course, someone familiar with the applicable lemon law formula can make an estimate before initiating a repurchase in order to see if it is worth doing so.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just got a $20,942 offer from Vroom on my new battery pack 2017 Premier which is very disappointing. I sure hope GM offers a lot more than that in the buyback!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts