Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I purchased a 2020 Chevy Bolt LT with all the available options including DC charging. It is slate gray in color, I had a few Tesla Model X vehicles in the past, however I have to say this has been a blast driving over the past few days. I ordered the Tesla to Bolt EV Adapter from Amazon so that I can use one of my spare level 2 Tesla chargers and get low cost off peak charging from Austin Energy. I am at the window tint company right now having Huper Optik 30% tint installed.

The seats have been not so bad so far, but I did order the Costco Neoprene seat covers for the front and back since they were $70 off (today is the last day). I also got the dead petal cover from Etsy. Looking forward to reading about everyone has done mods and how they make the mots of their vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the Bolt. Interested to hear what you think of the Bolt vesus the X after you have had time to do a fair comparison.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Enjoy the Bolt. Interested to hear what you think of the Bolt vesus the X after you have had time to do a fair comparison.
Thank you so much. The Model X is a fantastic and overengineered car. I drove it for 4 years and it started to get a little bit boring to drive. My annual depreciation on the Model X was equal to the amount I paid for a brand new Bolt. Lol. Driving the car for free.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome Texas Bolt owner. Be sure you take advantage of the Texas state $2500 cash rebate. Since you live in Austin you could hand carry the application to the TCEQ. If you don't already know about this program, read through the thread linked below for all the details:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Texas Bolt owner. Be sure you take advantage of the Texas state $2500 rebate. If you don't already know about this program, read through the thread linked below for all the details:

Thank you very much! I submitted all of my materials yesterday, so I am well on my way to this rebate. You do really have to read all of the instructions to get the paperwork correct. I did this perhaps 5 years ago when I had my Cadillac ELR and it worked out fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts