Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All !
I signed up to this forum weeks ago, but just 3 days ago I got my 2020 Bolt LT delivered !
It is indeed so much fun driving this car ! Reading this forum here and there you were all saying that. Now I finally know what you meant :)
I already have some mods in mind, with Infinity speakers replacements in all 4 doors in the 1st place.
Love the 1 pedal driving in Chicago traffic !
Glad I can be a "certified owner" here ! :D

·
775 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your shiny new toy.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

For true, one-pedal rocks! GM nailed the process so perfectly, it forced Tesla, et al, back to the keyboard to write updates.

That said, the one glaring lack for which I will not forgive GM is not giving us follow cruise.

jack vines

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Welcome umbert! Careful with one pedal in stop-n-go traffic. I've caught a few inattentive drivers behind me slam their brakes because my Bolt's brake lights turn off after one-pedal stops my Bolt. Some have even honked me due to the lack of brake lights telling them to stop. I'm just assuming, though, could be they were honking because my brake lights were off but I wasn't moving.

EDIT: Also, I'd recommend a front/rear dash cam. I use a mirror-based one that straps to your existing mirror. I have had some tail gaters and some honkers back off when I tap the dash cam mirror to turn it "on". I'm guessing the large lit display indicates to them I have a dash cam.

EDIT #2: I must be drunk, is it "tailgator" as in a gator literally biting you on the tail, or "tailgater" as in someone hanging off your tail gate?

·
775 Posts
Agreed, and Dog Mode
Bolt has dog mode, just no display on the dash to inform busy bodies. Simply leave the car running with climate control, walk away and lock it. Leave a placard on the dash to inform the busy bodies.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Bolt has dog mode, just no display on the dash to inform busy bodies. Simply leave the car running with climate control, walk away and lock it. Leave a placard on the dash to inform the busy bodies.
There's more to the tech that I'm referring to than just leaving the vehicle in a running state. When the Bolt App gets an update, to show climate control settings and status than I'll count the Bolt.

·
775 Posts
There's more to the tech that I'm referring to than just leaving the vehicle in a running state. When the Bolt App gets an update, to show climate control settings and status than I'll count the Bolt.
Fair enough, but technically if you have the climate settings enabled before leaving the car, and know it will run for what, 60 minutes, then you are reasonably assured dog\child mode is working. The biggest difference is no display telling the busy-bodies that you have taken care of things.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Fair enough, but technically if you have the climate settings enabled before leaving the car, and know it will run for what, 60 minutes, then you are reasonably assured dog\child mode is working. The biggest difference is no display telling the busy-bodies that you have taken care of things.
Yes, alerting is key, monitoring is key and the display on the screen is a game changer. We adopted California's law on it, so its common to forcibly open cars with dogs so I'm hoping the mode cuts down in the number of 911 calls. When we arrive, running or not, we open the car after trying to contact the owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts