Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Planning on purchasing an 2018 Arctic Blue Premier tomorrow.

My current daily eats about $400 per month on my 62 mile one way trip to work. Which I just paid off so it can go to the garage as the toy it should be. I am also starting my install on Solar. So I will be getting more than the $400 back.

I'm enjoying the info on this page keep up the good work.

Thanks
Micheal

·
775 Posts
Welcome, I can see why $400/mo with your 'Stang. You will love the savings! And I can see why you want to keep the toy!

My '18 Bolt does 65 miles each direction, 130 RT pre-COVID (and post-COVID?), and my utility bill has only gone up an average of $20/mo. I estimate $50/mo kWh used, but other efficient appliances and bulbs offset the charging. Either way, far better than $150/mo in my previous hybrid, and like you, $350-400 in my last ICE (Audi A6).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome aboard! New Bolt owner here as well. Got my 2017 about 3 weeks ago.
Spent a total of $8 for fuel/electricity, so far. $6 of that was for parking; with free charging.
We don't have an outlet/any charging at our condo parking. But we take advantage of the
free chargers in our area. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a JuiceBox. I'll have installed soon as I can on outside of garage I guess. Mustang gonna stay in garage.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, I can see why $400/mo with your 'Stang. You will love the savings! And I can see why you want to keep the toy!

My '18 Bolt does 65 miles each direction, 130 RT pre-COVID (and post-COVID?), and my utility bill has only gone up an average of $20/mo. I estimate $50/mo kWh used, but other efficient appliances and bulbs offset the charging. Either way, far better than $150/mo in my previous hybrid, and like you, $350-400 in my last ICE (Audi A6).
OK, but he can't compare the savings to $400/month because he's keeping the Mustang, right?

He's laying out an additional .. what (?) ... $17,000 for this 2018 Bolt? So he needs to make the comparison to a ~$17,000 ICE vehicle that he could've otherwise bought ... like a brand new Buick Encore. Now what's that savings look like, and when do you start coming out ahead?

I'm still driving my 2nd vehicle (2002 Impala, bought brand new in 2002) back and forth to work every day. It needs some work, but it's still getting 480 miles/tank and only costing my $19/week! I'm gonna try to land a brand new Bolt, too ... but they're gonna have to give it to me to make it worth my while. LOL!

·
775 Posts
OK, but he can't compare the savings to $400/month because he's keeping the Mustang, right?
?

It most certainly will be considerable savings. The garage toy is paid off, it certainly won't be costing him $400/mo anymore for gas (let alone frequency oil changes, etc.

My current daily eats about $400 per month on my 62 mile one way trip to work. Which I just paid off so it can go to the garage as the toy it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts