Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
We recently bought a 2020 Bolt LT, nightfall grey metallic. The incentives were to good to pass up. We also have. 2014 Nissan leaf sv, that we bought as a lease return, 4 years ago. The Leaf has been our ev training wheels, and a very reliable car. I just wanted something with more range for our trips to the coast. Plan on keeping the leaf as it still works well for local shopping and other errands.

So far, I have been very impressed with the Bolt. Especially the aggressive regen. Tonight, I just finished installing a set of Tuxmats, as per the recommendation of others on this site. Thanks!

One question on the installation of the floor mats, (passenger side). I noticed a lump under the carpet in the middle of the passenger floor. Prevents the floor mat from laying flat. Anyone else notice this on their Bolt? Will probably pull up the carpet tommorow to find out. I'm guessing it's an electrical connector, and if so, seems odd it would be in the middle of the floor.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good to see more Bolts in Oregon. Welcome.

That thing was bulging out of your passenger row? I can't say I've really felt around back there but mine is completely flat with the Bolt all weather mats. Plus was anything zip tied to it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was under the carpet and insulation in the middle of the front passenger floor. Was just laying there, not attached to anything. Getting the floor trim loose so I could raise the carpet, was the main challenge.

·
814 Posts
Found the culprit. Appears to be some sort of set up tool, gage, or?
I guess that is better than Tesla's Home Depot wood trim left in MYs.

I would be inclined to let the dealer, or GM know, if they are being careless on the assembly line, feedback will let them go back to the source and ask employees to be more aware. The VIN should enable them to get back to the shift(s) that worked on your car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Howdy all,
We recently bought a 2020 Bolt LT, nightfall grey metallic. The incentives were to good to pass up. We also have. 2014 Nissan leaf sv, that we bought as a lease return, 4 years ago. The Leaf has been our ev training wheels, and a very reliable car. I just wanted something with more range for our trips to the coast. Plan on keeping the leaf as it still works well for local shopping and other errands.

So far, I have been very impressed with the Bolt. Especially the aggressive regen. Tonight, I just finished installing a set of Tuxmats, as per the recommendation of others on this site. Thanks!

One question on the installation of the floor mats, (passenger side). I noticed a lump under the carpet in the middle of the passenger floor. Prevents the floor mat from laying flat. Anyone else notice this on their Bolt? Will probably pull up the carpet tommorow to find out. I'm guessing it's an electrical connector, and if so, seems odd it would be in the middle of the floor.

Thanks again!
Great car! 2019 Bolt LT, Bend, Or. Just did a trip to Eugene, 325 miles RT, one charging stop at Target in Eugene at EA chargers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all.
Yes, a great car. We still like the Leaf. It just has a different purpose. The battery has been holding up well with 50k miles at seven years old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts