Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2018 Chevy Bolt Premier; 2013 Nissan LEAF S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I finally became a member of the Community this past Wednesday. Thanks for having me.

On Dec. 2, our Gen 1 Volt was totaled. It took 6 weeks, but I found a cherry 2018 Premier with less than 5k miles for $22k. It still needs to have the safety recall performed on it, so I'm not charging more than 90% for the time being.

I haven't been in love with a car like this since my 1st car.

If used car prices continue falling in the coming the way we expect them to, I won't hesitate to snap up another Bolt.

We already have an EV; a now 8-bar 2013 LEAF S that replaced a very loved Honda Odyssey that lived up to its name (it took us all over the country).

Getting a 2nd EV meant getting a second Lvl2 charger. I bought a Siemens back in 2019 for $650 at Costco and I love it.

I fell out when I saw the price had kaboomed to almost $1100. So, got a Juicebox 32 for $650 at Best Buy. I just installed it yesterday (RaTe mY sEtUp).

Anyway, thanks for existing and I hope to learn and share a lot with y'all.

Brian
Audio equipment Gas Cable Electrical wiring Gadget

· Administrator
5,859 Posts
Hello all.

I finally became a member of the Community this past Wednesday. Thanks for having me.

On Dec. 2, our Gen 1 Volt was totaled. It took 6 weeks, but I found a cherry 2018 Premier with less than 5k miles for $22k. It still needs to have the safety recall performed on it, so I'm not charging more than 90% for the time being.

If used car prices continue falling in the coming the way we expect them to, I won't hesitate to snap up another Bolt.

We already have an EV; a now 8-bar 2013 LEAF S that replaced a very loved Honda Odyssey that lived up to its name (it took us all over the country).

Getting a 2nd EV meant getting a second Lvl2 charger. I bought a Siemens back in 2019 for $650 at Costco and I love it.

I fell out when I saw the price had kaboomed to almost $1100. So, got a Juicebox 32 for $650 at Best Buy. I just installed it yesterday (RaTe mY sEtUp).

Brian
Welcome Brian

I had one of those Siemens chargers initially, used it for almost 2 years but found it had issues with the Bolt's scheduled charging so I only used to for immediate charging, or set the delay on the Siemens.

· Registered
Current: 2017 Premier, 2018 Premier, and 2x2020 Premier; Former: 2014 Volt; 2014 Leaf
58 Posts
Welcome to the Bolt forum and community! By any chance, was your profile picture taken in Trinity Park in Fort Worth? I live in the DFW area and often cycle through that park and right past a bronze Mark Twain sitting on a park bench. There can't be very many bronze Mark Twains sitting on park benches 🤪

· Registered
341 Posts
Hello all.

Brian View attachment 52162
Welcome! I also had a 2013 Leaf S, I was at 11 Bars when I sold it and got a Bolt in 2020. The upgrade from Leaf to Bolt is awesome. With the recall I got rid of the Bolt and now have a Mach-E. We will be waiting a few years to finally replace our Highlander with a larger EV but we are in no rush, as we dont put many miles on it anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts