Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying Hi, and hope to be joining the ranks of Bolt owners later this spring/summer. Had a 1st gen Volt, coming back to the fold..

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome and happy & safe car shopping, I leased a 2017 and turned that in and got a 2020. Both were/are amazing vehicles, searching here should provide you with a lot of information regarding price, features, and performance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome and almost all of us love our Bolts. I've found the search function of this site super helpful, but my guess is you know what you are getting into!

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks - The forum has a lot of information, you are right about that. I looked at the other forums, and this seems to be the most active by far.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I will be an official Bolt Owner Saturday! We have spent a few months coming to the decision to get the Bolt...starting with looking at a used I3 - I know it's strange looking, but I love strange...we were looking for something smaller, that can accommodate the three dogs. We then spent a minute considering a Tesla model Y or 3...but just couldn't get over my internal image of Tesla as being too "Elon Musky" not sure why he annoys me so much. We did spend a bit of time on the Ipace - and the huge discounts they were offering - around 20,000 dollars - the discount and the drop dead looks almost swayed us to make a not ideal purchase - and it was bigger than what we wanted. I looked for a Kona or Niro, but they are not offered around here. We drove the Bolt and pretty much fell in love with it - anything we didn't like (low rent hard plastics), were outweighed by the Bolts many other qualities, and I love the way the little bulldog stanced Bolt looks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks like I will be an official Bolt Owner Saturday! We have spent a few months coming to the decision to get the Bolt...starting with looking at a used I3 - I know it's strange looking, but I love strange...we were looking for something smaller, that can accommodate the three dogs. We then spent a minute considering a Tesla model Y or 3...but just couldn't get over my internal image of Tesla as being too "Elon Musky" not sure why he annoys me so much. We did spend a bit of time on the Ipace - and the huge discounts they were offering - around 20,000 dollars - the discount and the drop dead looks almost swayed us to make a not ideal purchase - and it was bigger than what we wanted. I looked for a Kona or Niro, but they are not offered around here. We drove the Bolt and pretty much fell in love with it - anything we didn't like (low rent hard plastics), were outweighed by the Bolts many other qualities, and I love the way the little bulldog stanced Bolt looks.
Honestly after owning for years, the "hard plastics" are very durable and will look great years down the road. Not a bad thing with dogs in and out of the vehicle as well.

Congratulations on your decision - it is a fantastic vehicle!

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woot! I'm official! Bolt is at the shop getting the summer wheel and tire set put on and they are putting my old winters on the stock wheels. 1 hour of ownership bliss so far, lol This is how it will be remembered looking until winter, yuck!! (Winter, not the Bolt).

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!
Note to self: set driving position before starting the trip...I don't do well with manual adjustments while the car is moving...way more involved than just touching a button.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly after owning for years, the "hard plastics" are very durable and will look great years down the road. Not a bad thing with dogs in and out of the vehicle as well.

Congratulations on your decision - it is a fantastic vehicle!
I can report that the Bolt has passed the Boxer/Boston canine Uber/Lyft inspection and they are requesting more seat time!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
168 Posts
Woot! I'm official! Bolt is at the shop getting the summer wheel and tire set put on and they are putting my old winters on the stock wheels. 1 hour of ownership bliss so far, lol This is how it will be remembered looking until winter, yuck!! (Winter, not the Bolt). View attachment 29416
Congrats! I have a feeling you’re going to love your new Bolt and you got a beautiful color, too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts