Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

New member to this community.

I never really thought about electric cars, until I saw the 2017 All-Electric Chevrolet Bolt EV! It's like a dream package all in one car!

Looks amazing with all the electronic features to the large cargo space, especially good to store my snowboarding gears.

Anyone else looking into buying this car too??

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome aboard! We're all excited for the new Bolt and a few of us are looking to get one when its out.

Not sure if you can store your snowboard gear inside but you can always try mounted a cargo rack on the roof. I'm a snowboarder myself so I'll probably try to Mcguyver something for those long weekend snowboard trips. A lot of cargo space is needed for a car of 4.

Did you ever think about getting the Leaf?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bazinga!

I'm super excited as well! It's amazing that this all-electric vehicle comes in a full package like that. I haven't seen such an amazing electric car with the other dealers.

Yeah, I'll probably get the mount for my gears. Just looks a bit tacky on the car, but I guess it'll have to do if I go with a group of friends for snowboarding again.
I actually just went this past weekend for my first time and it was quite the experience!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am considering the Bolt, but also some other electric vehicles -- the Model 3 and the Nissan Leaf specifically. I'm looking for something that will be able to handle my day to day work while keeping fuel and vehicle costs to a minimum.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am considering the Bolt, but also some other electric vehicles -- the Model 3 and the Nissan Leaf specifically. I'm looking for something that will be able to handle my day to day work while keeping fuel and vehicle costs to a minimum.
I hope you at least had the opportunity to drive a Tesla S or just go inside one, even the new Tesla CUV. Doing that should give you some good expectations of the Model 3 since from model to model in a brand, there are commonalities.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)

I think The Bolt would be more minimum at cost compared to the other vehicles. However, is your commute a long distance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
?

I hope you at least had the opportunity to drive a Tesla S or just go inside one, even the new Tesla CUV. Doing that should give you some good expectations of the Model 3 since from model to model in a brand, there are commonalities.
Have you tested out the other Tesla yet?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Be ready for price shock if you do visit a Tesla Motors showroom. There is no "dealer" so all prices are factory fixed. You can get a used Model S for much less, but I doubt you can fit a snowboard inside.

Wait for a public showing of the Bolt EV, or search online for its internal dimensions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be ready for price shock if you do visit a Tesla Motors showroom. There is no "dealer" so all prices are factory fixed. You can get a used Model S for much less, but I doubt you can fit a snowboard inside.

Wait for a public showing of the Bolt EV, or search online for its internal dimensions.

Have you checked out the Tesla showroom yet?

I could only imagine what the price would be for the Model S.

Good to know about getting a used model. I wonder if anyone has started to sell theirs yet lol

Well I don't think I would drive the Tesla in the winter... I would like to have a winter beater and a summer ride :D

Yeah I'm in no rush to upgrade to a new car yet. I guess I can wait it out for the public showing of the bolt EV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts