Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

443 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Luigi
Hi all, my wife drives our new Bolt LT Redline to work, 50 miles round trip. We've had it 2 months, and she was a little skeptical at first but now loves it. We charge at home 110V, at 8 amps, it's working for now.
Reactions: 2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Hi Luigi. I'm glad you and your wife are enjoying the Bolt. In the car, you can set the charge rate to 12 amps for a little faster charge. Just check that the circuit you plug into can handle the load.
Reactions: 1
Yea but I live in a condo with multiple garages on a 20 amp breaker, and there's another EV on the same breaker so 8 amps is all it can handle without tripping it.
Yea but I live in a condo with multiple garages on a 20 amp breaker, and there's another EV on the same breaker so 8 amps is all it can handle without tripping it.
Do you also charge offsite? 8A Level 1 hardly seems enough for a daily 50 mile round trip. Wouldn't that be like, say, only 24 miles over 12 hours, about half of what would be needed for that commute?
Hello all,Greetings to all! I just signed up and want to say hello to all. I hope everyone here is doing well so far.
Thank you so much!
Do you also charge offsite? 8A Level 1 hardly seems enough for a daily 50 mile round trip. Wouldn't that be like, say, only 24 miles over 12 hours, about half of what would be needed for that commute?
It depends. If you start Monday with 100% SOC and add 25 miles per night, even driving 50 miles / day, you can get through the week and catch up on weekends.
She can if needed with 110V, but so far she hasn't had to. Charging at home overnight,13 hours, we get about 40 miles back, so we lose 10 miles a day which is made up over the weekend.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts