Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new here. I got my Bolt last August but haven't joined the forum until now because I've been having so much fun driving my new EV 0:). I'd appreciate if someone can answer this question I've wondering about the key. The manual says to press the button on the side to pull out the key but what's the key for? I couldn't find any lock on the car the key can fit in.
I'm planning a road trip. Besides the distance and charging concern, I'm worried about the tires since the car didn't come with a spare. I've been thinking about going to America's Tire to buy a wheel and tire mounted on it and a jack kit. That will add weight to the car but no more than one average person's. Is this a bad idea?
Thanks everyone.
Khoi

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome. Good question - I had to look it up. It's on page 42 of the manual - the key goes in the bottom of the handle.

How long is your road trip? Unless it's an extended trip or to a remote location, I would just hope the self-sealing tires stand up and have CAA/AAA ready.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nemy. I didn't read the manual thoroughly. About the road trip, perhaps around 100 miles or a bit longer each way from home but there are stretches that are rural and it would take a tow truck some time to get there. And I don't have On Star.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Welcome. Good question - I had to look it up. It's on page 42 of the manual - the key goes in the bottom of the handle.
To be more specific - there's a slot at the bottom of the fixed part of the handle (the part that doesn't pull out when you use it to open the door) - you put the key into the slot and twist it to pop off the little plastic cover. Once the plastic cover is off, you'll see the key slot for the door lock so that you can unlock it manually, just like in the olden days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this out reading an article somewhere. I didn't know that the stock tires on the Bolt are Michelin SelfSeal tires. This probably eliminates quite a few tire problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts