Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
'22 Bolt EUV Launch
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excited to join the forum; became a new owner about an hour ago. Drove about 600 miles (Ohio to South Caroline) to get the one I wanted. Brought a trade-in with me. This forum has been great to research issues over the last few weeks prior to picking it up. 1st time EV owner. Little nervous about the drive home but will be stopping in Pigeon Forge overnight on drive home, using ABRP to plan out the trip.

One blip, as we were calling OnStar from the car I noticed orange warning light with exclamation point. Salesman took it back to service and said they needed to do an ECM update, waiting to get it back right now.

Overall very excited to get this car - more experiences to come!

Ford Escape trade-in (background) and new EUV in foreground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
5,321 Posts
Bold of you to embrace EV travels with a 600 mile trip to learn how to travel in an EV! Good luck, hope you got plenty of trip tips before jumping in.

If you can keep State of Charge (SOC) between 10-70% or even better 10-50%, the charging times won't be too horrible. Take your time, learn what you can, don't become too frustrated.

· Registered
154 Posts
Congrats to you, and huge congrats to the dealer that recognized it is most likely an ECM update. A lot of dealers are clueless on this KNOWN issue, some want to replace the transmission shift control module (or whatever it's called). Let us know exactly what they did, and how your journey home goes. (y)

· Registered
'22 Bolt EUV Launch
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats to you, and huge congrats to the dealer that recognized it is most likely an ECM update. A lot of dealers are clueless on this KNOWN issue, some want to replace the transmission shift control module (or whatever it's called). Let us know exactly what they did, and how your journey home goes. (y)
Pic of service order below. Trip home was great. Couple of charge stops at EA’s located at Walmarts. Charging was free but shopping at each Walmart added up a bit! . Super cruise was awesome - little nerve wracking but overall it did an amazing job. Stayed overnight at Pigeon Forge at Tru by Hilton, nice hotel (and affordable) and had an L2 charger I used overnight. Loving the EUV so far, have to give it a bath today to get all the bugs off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts