Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Frank, been a looker-on here for two months, and after waiting for 2 months for GM to accept my dealer order for a Redline, with supercruise, still have nothing happening. I got tired and started my mission of looking for a while EUV at an awesome price. I ended up with a 2023 EUV 2LT, It's not a redline, but it's close enough. I called Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, and initially, they told me that all their EUVs have a 2k markup, I told the rep Anabel that I would not be paying anything over MSRP.

Anabel Cervantes was able to somehow make it happen, she called me back to tell me that they would sell it at MSRP without any makeup or anything extra. So it was set, I made the 2hr drive from the central valley. And two hrs later, I was on my way home. I was able to get a $500 discount since I am employed through a school. So I paid $500 under MSRP, I was happy with the deal and drove back home.

My experience with Anabel at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose was Awesome! I told Anabel I would put her info on here, and she was okay with that. I mentioned how there are so many users looking for a EUV without any extras or markups and priced at MSRP and she said she would gladly help anyone out. If you reach out to her tell her that Frank sent you

;)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
My name is Frank, been a looker-on here for two months, and after waiting for 2 months for GM to accept my dealer order for a Redline, with supercruise, still have nothing happening. I got tired and started my mission of looking for a while EUV at an awesome price. I ended up with a 2023 EUV 2LT, It's not a redline, but it's close enough. I called Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, and initially, they told me that all their EUVs have a 2k markup, I told the rep Anabel that I would not be paying anything over MSRP.

Anabel Cervantes was able to somehow make it happen, she called me back to tell me that they would sell it at MSRP without any makeup or anything extra. So it was set, I made the 2hr drive from the central valley. And two hrs later, I was on my way home. I was able to get a $500 discount since I am employed through a school. So I paid $500 under MSRP, I was happy with the deal and drove back home.

My experience with Anabel at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose was Awesome! I told Anabel I would put her info on here, and she was okay with that. I mentioned how there are so many users looking for a EUV without any extras or markups and priced at MSRP and she said she would gladly help anyone out. If you reach out to her tell her that Frank sent you

;) View attachment 49551 View attachment 49552
Congrats and enjoy! I'm anticipating mine (23 EUV black/black, sunroof, SC) to arrive at dealer 11/30.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My experiences with DGDG dealers are all over the map, depending on the make. Had good experiences and pricing in the past with their Hyundai dealer, but they've since gone Full Stupid on their pricing. Especially for the N cars.

Glad you got the deal, though I can't help but wonder if they're more willing to deal because it was a 2LT and not a Premier. People in the Bay ($$$) don't really buy base models.

I drove 2 hours in your direction, to get a deal on an EUV Premier, so if we had timed it right we could have high-fived as we passed each other on 580

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
1,322 Posts

;) View attachment 49551 View attachment 49552
Good job and congratulations.
This markup thing is just about over.....inventories are looking very healthy lately and sales are slowing more than anyone in the auto biz wants to admit.
Mortgage rate increases in this part of the world lately are nearly strangling some folks at the moment so a car is the last thing they will be thinking about.
They are saying we've got at least one more rate hike to go here in Canada anyway.

Reactions: EVmunkey

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
I will neither confirm nor deny that I had no intention of driving for Uber. What I can confirm is that I got the discount without giving any rides or food deliveries.
Where again did you get the discount? I also signed up for Uber a couple months ago (and also never actually did a job). I never even got any jobs offered for deliveries let alone accepting one LOL

I asked the EV Consierge and was specifically told that GM has zero authorization for an Uber discount for 2023 EV or EUV.

So I am wondering how you pulled it off, and what state you got that from, and the dealer that got you the Uber discount. If I can quote others who got it, maybe I can get a different outcome from trying again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Where again did you get the discount? I also signed up for Uber a couple months ago (and also never actually did a job). I never even got any jobs offered for deliveries let alone accepting one LOL

I asked the EV Consierge and was specifically told that GM has zero authorization for an Uber discount for 2023 EV or EUV.

So I am wondering how you pulled it off, and what state you got that from, and the dealer that got you the Uber discount. If I can quote others who got it, maybe I can get a different outcome from trying again.
Mirak Chevrolet in MA. It just shows as a $2k rebate on the purchase contract. Someone else on this forum got the discount at the same dealer a few weeks before me. This was end of September.

·
Registered
26 Posts
EV Concierge told me as recently as a few weeks ago, that they didn't have knowledge of whether or not the program was still active, and that I had to ask the dealer.

I asked the dealer and submitted my documentation, including proof that I have a full active Uber account (and that I could accept a fare or delivery at any time), and it was accepted. Discount was immediately applied to my sales contract (IoW: POS Discount) and it appeared the program is still active until at least January 2023.

You don't need to offer proof of whether or not you've actually driven for them. But even then - you do one Uber Eats delivery or one fare. Congratulations, you're an Uber driver. There's plenty of people who work a full time job, too, and will do Uber or Lyft on the side for a few extra bucks or if they're bored. You never really know someone else's circumstances, and you'd be wrong to make assumptions

Got my Uber credit, and I only bought the car a week ago.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
EV Concierge told me as recently as a few weeks ago, that they didn't have knowledge of whether or not the program was still active, and that I had to ask the dealer.

I asked the dealer and submitted my documentation, including proof that I have a full active Uber account (and that I could accept a fare or delivery at any time), and it was accepted. Discount was immediately applied to my sales contract (IoW: POS Discount) and it appeared the program is still active until at least January 2023.

You don't need to offer proof of whether or not you've actually driven for them. But even then - you do one Uber Eats delivery or one fare. Congratulations, you're an Uber driver. There's plenty of people who work a full time job, too, and will do Uber or Lyft on the side for a few extra bucks or if they're bored. You never really know someone else's circumstances, and you'd be wrong to make assumptions

Got my Uber credit, and I only bought the car a week ago.
And where are you located? This doesn’t seem to work in California. The dealer says no Uber discount listed on his Chevrolet incentives listing. So how does your dealer find this unicorn?

·
Registered
68 Posts
My EUV has been produced and now I’m just waiting for delivery. The ETA was 11/23, but I was notified today that it got moved to 12/11. I think it’s purely a matter of car carrier and driver availability, based on various automotive industry stories I’ve read.

That said, if it slips further, I’m going to see if there is any way that the dealer will be willing to hold it and let me transact it on January 1st. Would be pretty awesome to get the Uber discount AND the IRA money, which is looking like $3,750. (That said, if I have to take one OR the other, I’m opting for the Uber discount, because the IRA money is not guaranteed yet)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts