Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My EUV has been produced and now I’m just waiting for delivery. The ETA was 11/23, but I was notified today that it got moved to 12/11. I think it’s purely a matter of car carrier and driver availability, based on various automotive industry stories I’ve read.
That’s nice that you are given an ETA. Is your salesperson providing this information? Wonder how they decide that the ETA slips about 2 1/2 weeks. Do they have some sort of tracking system for the delivery or is it just estimating based on experience?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My EUV has been produced and now I’m just waiting for delivery. The ETA was 11/23, but I was notified today that it got moved to 12/11. I think it’s purely a matter of car carrier and driver availability, based on various automotive industry stories I’ve read.

That said, if it slips further, I’m going to see if there is any way that the dealer will be willing to hold it and let me transact it on January 1st. Would be pretty awesome to get the Uber discount AND the IRA money, which is looking like $3,750. (That said, if I have to take one OR the other, I’m opting for the Uber discount, because the IRA money is not guaranteed yet)
I had a similar dilemma in ordering and waiting for the tax credit and just doing a deal now and decided to go for it now, especially with my trade-in losing value every day. Not sure if you're a Costco member, but my dealer was willing to stack the Costco $500 discount with the Uber $2,000 discount, so the delta in the tax credit and these promos only ended up being $1,250, which I thought my car's value could easily tank by in a few months.

·
Premium Member
2018 LT 2020 Premier 2022 EUV on order
10 Posts
I bought my 22 EUV about a month and a half ago loaded with everything except the name plate of launch edition. I bought it from Capital Chevrolet in San Jose through Jessica. easy deal and MSRP no markups in and out very quickly. I highly recommend you speak with Jessica she'll take care of you.

·
Premium Member
2018 LT 2020 Premier 2022 EUV on order
10 Posts
I do have to add that I bought my 20/20 volt premier at Steve's Chevrolet in Oakdale also with no markup and a very easy in and out Allen at Steve Chevrolet also found several rebates for me that I didn't know about so that's another place to go with no markup

·
Registered
69 Posts
That’s nice that you are given an ETA. Is your salesperson providing this information? Wonder how they decide that the ETA slips about 2 1/2 weeks. Do they have some sort of tracking system for the delivery or is it just estimating based on experience?
My salesperson has been very good about texting me updates, so that’s where I’ve been getting them. Not sure where he gets it; a report or whatnot, I imagine.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I know about that, but thanks.
Based on our family income and utility provider (SCE) , it’s only $2k.

If I select the same info, but set income to the lowest, it changes to $4,500.

I’d be curious to know how many people live in areas where the providers provide the max amount; I’ve got to think that Edison covers a good chunk of the SoCal population. Bay Area maybe ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
And where are you located? This doesn’t seem to work in California. The dealer says no Uber discount listed on his Chevrolet incentives listing. So how does your dealer find this unicorn?
I’ve called around in SoCal and found some dealers who say they know nothing about the Uber discount.

So, a few possibilities, I imagine:

— Certain dealers don’t WANT to participate for whatever reason, so they feign ignorance.

— Certain dealers can’t participate for some reason (seems unlikely).

— Certain dealers don’t know about it.

My dealer in Torrance, CA, says that I will be getting the 2k Uber discount as long as I show my Uber driver account screen when I conduct the purchase. (Completely straight MSRP with no add-ons)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally purchased my 2023 Bolt EUV that I placed an order for in July. great dealership, no nonsense. Everything was completed before arriving at the dealership, just had to sign papers. Would have been in and out in 20 min, but the car was barely half charged and I needed the range to get home.

Got it 4.5K under MSRP. 2K uber, 2K NYS and 500 costco. would definitely work with them again, maybe when the 30k equinox ev becomes available. So uber is still applying to 2023s depending on dealership until the end of the year.

Qmerit on the other hand .........

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally purchased my 2023 Bolt EUV that I placed an order for in July. great dealership, no nonsense. Everything was completed before arriving at the dealership, just had to sign papers. Would have been in and out in 20 min, but the car was barely half charged and I needed the range to get home.

Got it 4.5K under MSRP. 2K uber, 2K NYS and 500 costco. would definitely work with them again, maybe when the 30k equinox ev becomes available. So uber is still applying to 2023s depending on dealership until the end of the year.

July! Wow. Congrats

What is ‘NYS’ ?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Oooh….
I’m guessing NYS is ‘New York State’.

In the pursuit and discussion of price shopping for cars in this crazy market, I think what people are most curious about what price the DEALER actually agreed to, as that is universal, where state incentives are great rebates etc, but they don’t pertain to what kind of a ‘deal’ the dealer offered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oooh….
I’m guessing NYS is ‘New York State’.

In the pursuit and discussion of price shopping for cars in this crazy market, I think what people are most curious about what price the DEALER actually agreed to, as that is universal, where state incentives are great rebates etc, but they don’t pertain to what kind of a ‘deal’ the dealer offered.
There was no negotiation on actual 'deal' as this was in the middle of the summer and dealerships were marking up left and right. Straight offer of custom order at MSRP with no markups or addons. In reality, their website states said promise of honoring online displayed pricing, will not charge over MSRP or any addons, etc.

and yes, NYS is New York State.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There was no negotiation on actual 'deal' as this was in the middle of the summer and dealerships were marking up left and right. Straight offer of custom order at MSRP with no markups or addons. In reality, their website states said promise of honoring online displayed pricing, will not charge over MSRP or any addons, etc.

and yes, NYS is New York State.
My point is that when people are talking about what price they paid at the dealer, they’re really talking about what the dealers charged in relation to MSRP. Whether we get tax breaks or other money beyond that is not really the point of MSRP discussion, in my opinion, but good for you.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts