Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Congratulations. Hope charging goes well for you. A few of us had some surprises with our house wiring waiting for us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info...

Congratulations. Hope charging goes well for you. A few of us had some surprises with our house wiring waiting for us.
I just posted a question under the forum for charging, if you have a minute to check it out, would love to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Picked up our new shiny red bolt yesterday - learning a lot about charging at home today.:)
Welcome to the club! Do you think there are any Bolt road trips in your future? One of the things that convinced me to buy a Bolt is the increasing number of DC fast chargers from Vancouver through into the Okanagan and along the Trans Canada Highway almost to the Rockies, and also down the coast all the way to California.

There are fast chargers in Hope, Merritt and Kamloops, but they were among the first installed and don't have Bolt-compatible CCS plugs - however I have heard rumours that we might expect to see these upgraded to support CCS some time in the coming year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Accelerate Kootenays

Welcome to the club! Do you think there are any Bolt road trips in your future? One of the things that convinced me to buy a Bolt is the increasing number of DC fast chargers from Vancouver through into the Okanagan and along the Trans Canada Highway almost to the Rockies, and also down the coast all the way to California.

There are fast chargers in Hope, Merritt and Kamloops, but they were among the first installed and don't have Bolt-compatible CCS plugs - however I have heard rumours that we might expect to see these upgraded to support CCS some time in the coming year.
Hi Sean,
We might go out to the Kootenays next summer - a friend of mine is working on a charging network out there. Check out
accelerate kootenays dot ca

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt. If you are like me it will continue to grow on you!

Drove Victoria to Nelson in one day this summer. Left the island on the 7:00 AM ferry, stopping and charging at Manning Park (DC3 no WiFi, suggest using Greenlots card) and Keremeos (DC3) arriving in Nelson with 71K of charge.

Info is correct re: Hope, Merrit and Kamloops chargers not compatible.

Charge station upgrades next year will make East/West and North/South Kootenay travel more fluid.

Enjoy the (quiet) ride...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations! Bought my black Bolt on Monday, Nov. 13, after owning a 2017 Volt Premier for 13 months. I now jokingly refer to the Volt as the gateway drug to the Bolt ... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts