Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, just picked up my new bolt yesterday and though it's been great for the most part, there are some small issues with the infotainment system that is a little bit annoying.

1. On start up, it defaults to FM every time even though the last used source was Bluetooth. I've read this is an issue that everyone has and there seems to be no update on this from Chevy. A user suggested plugging in an Aux cable cord but that still requires me to choose bluetooth as a source every time I start the car. Seems a bit unintuitive ...

2. While on bluetooth and using Google Play Music, I can't track past 3-4 songs. After skipping 4 songs, it doesn't let me skip anymore and actually stops playing all together after the song ends. I'm forced to use my phone to choose music which is a bummer.

3. For a tech centered car, the car doesn't have a nightmode depending on the time of day or ambient light outside. I'm having to adjust my screen/tachometer brightness manually when the sun goes down.

I may bring my car back to the dealership for my bluetooth issues as it seems like it could be fixed with a software update. Any thoughts on this?

But other than the infotainment issues, the car has been a blast and exceeded my expectations mechanically!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
There are two nighttime setting spots. The simplest one is the light level knob to the left of the steering wheel. Push in on the knob, and it will pop out of the dash. Turn it all the way counterclockwise, and it will darken the dash automatically at low light levels. Second is the dash setup screen on the center display. Press the tools icon on the screen, press settings icon on next screen, move slider to display settings, select nighttime only.

I just went out to refresh my memory on this, in the car. The center display froze up for the first time ever, in over 5K miles of driving. There are several ways to unfreeze the displays too. Just google it. The downside of computer controlled customization of everything in our lives is, we are hostage to software engineers. :-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts