Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, I am wondering if there are any new owners who now have a Bolt in their possession and can share any insight, feedback about their car? Love to hear any stories. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Good Morning, I am wondering if there are any new owners who now have a Bolt in their possession and can share any insight, feedback about their car? Love to hear any stories. Thanks
Probably won't get any meaningful responses for another week or 2. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
so we had press releases from Chevy and dealers claiming deliveries to start Nov 29th. so that didn't happen. we also had dealers in WA stating deliveries starting Mid Jan despite not being a compliance state. it seems like Chevy is backing off its claims a baby step a day? wondering if WA will get anything significant before Spring...

·
Registered
862 Posts
so we had press releases from Chevy and dealers claiming deliveries to start Nov 29th. so that didn't happen. we also had dealers in WA stating deliveries starting Mid Jan despite not being a compliance state. it seems like Chevy is backing off its claims a baby step a day? wondering if WA will get anything significant before Spring...
I never saw a press release from GM about Nov 29th deliveries. Do you have a link?
There was some sloppy reporting and misquoted dealers about Nov 28th, but nothing in the article was from GM.

As for what dealers tell you....
Many car salespeople have good intentions but often bad information.

GM has yet to announce any official roll out plan - only that first availability will be in CA and OR. It may be that they are waiting to see how much initial demand is before expanding to other States (and Canada?).

Edit: The good news is Olympia is well within the Bolt's range from Portland......

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never saw a press release from GM about Nov 29th deliveries. Do you have a link?
There was some sloppy reporting and misquoted dealers about Nov 28th, but nothing in the article was from GM.

As for what dealers tell you....
Many car salespeople have good intentions but often bad information.

GM has yet to announce any official roll out plan - only that first availability will be in CA and OR. It may be that they are waiting to see how much initial demand is before expanding to other States (and Canada?).
oh course I don't have a link. you seriously think Chevy would allow it to stay up? It came from one of the green tech sites and quoted a Chevy spokesman as saying deliveries to Dealers in CA/OR would start the week after TG... it disappeared about 3 days later. the link I had is broken

FYI; there are 3 "confirmed" deliveries for BC though...

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
oh course I don't have a link. you seriously think Chevy would allow it to stay up? It came from one of the green tech sites and quoted a Chevy spokesman as saying deliveries to Dealers in CA/OR would start the week after TG... it disappeared about 3 days later. the link I had is broken

FYI; there are 3 "confirmed" deliveries for BC though...
Post the link. There are ways to retrieve it. You can't truly delete anything from the internet completely. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
ok sure but why bother? it didn't happen
This one? http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2016/11/19/chevy-bolt-tesla-model-3-trump/94018674/

About 1,100 miles south in Redwood City, Calif., about 40 customers have preordered Bolts, according to Michael Little, a sales consultant at Boardwalk Chevrolet."Those people have paid a $1,000 deposit that holds your place in line," Little said. "We're expecting to receive 39 Bolts the week of Nov. 28 and another 14 on Dec. 12."

That dealer ended up saying they were misquoted, and that production was supposed to start on their 39 Bolts on 28 Nov, not that they were gonna be delivered.

Still on track for deliveries by the end of the year in CA and OR, just like GM has been stating.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This one? http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2016/11/19/chevy-bolt-tesla-model-3-trump/94018674/

About 1,100 miles south in Redwood City, Calif., about 40 customers have preordered Bolts, according to Michael Little, a sales consultant at Boardwalk Chevrolet."Those people have paid a $1,000 deposit that holds your place in line," Little said. "We're expecting to receive 39 Bolts the week of Nov. 28 and another 14 on Dec. 12."

That dealer ended up saying they were misquoted, and that production was supposed to start on their 39 Bolts on 28 Nov, not that they were gonna be delivered.

Still on track for deliveries by the end of the year in CA and OR, just like GM has been stating.
different article but guessing it was this one they got part of the info from

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DucRider;46073 Edit: The good news is Olympia is well within the Bolt's range from Portland......[/QUOTE said:
I am in Portland, Maine. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts