Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dear Lord this is the most refreshing post anyone has ever made, ever in the history of the internet. 9.5 out of 10.

Welcome! I love the red!

Get some good mileage on that soon to be replaced for free so why not battery! Oh man did I just ruin it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Lord this is the most refreshing post anyone has ever made, ever in the history of the internet. 9.5 out of 10.

Welcome! I love the red!

Get some good mileage on that soon to be replaced for free so why not battery! Oh man did I just ruin it?
Ha thanks, had it since Aug19 have put over 3000 KM on it so far. Wife has a 220 KM daily commute. Our old gas bills are paying for the car. We should have a good 40K on the battery or more by the time it gets swapped, if more than a year away we'll have 80K

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm...I'm about certain I saw the Canadian one at first. Oh well. Maybe I was hallucinating again. You can change it if you like.
I didn't have a location set in my profile and our locations fluctuate here at work depending on the server we're pinging, should be back now to Canuckistan

·
Registered
332 Posts
This thread all of the sudden feels way too Canadian. As an insecure American I protest at the very idea that you can be superior than me in any way, including outnumbering me in random situations on the internet while speaking exactly like me.

No but seriously that's a monster commute and where you live sounds like a dream to be honest. Will GM in Canada honor your warranty and junk while you abuse the battery outside of their instructions which I'll assume you'll be doing on a regular basis? Feel pretty ok with it south of the wall but you Wildlings have strange customs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread all of the sudden feels way too Canadian. As an insecure American I protest at the very idea that you can be superior than me in any way, including outnumbering me in random situations on the internet while speaking exactly like me.

No but seriously that's a monster commute and where you live sounds like a dream to be honest. Will GM in Canada honor your warranty and junk while you abuse the battery outside of their instructions which I'll assume you'll be doing on a regular basis? Feel pretty ok with it south of the wall but you Wildlings have strange customs.
Remember KM is .6 of a mile. so 132 mile round trip. Charge to 90% 220 Mile est. range and home with about 90 miles range even when she's doing 75-80MPH on the freeway. Winter she'll have to slow down a bit and maybe stop at one of 4 DCFC units on her route to keep above the 70 mile lower limit. Here in Backwoods NB we have the best per capita charging of any province in Canada. She has 5 Level 2 free chargers between work and home and 4 DCFC on the FLO network as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow you just totally belittled my understanding of metric because I'm American. I feel violated as the minority in this conversation.

No but seriously, if you can manage to do that god bless you. My wife does 53 miles per day round trip and I consider it a pain in the ass that she has to charge every night. If we had to contend with your commute I think I'd find it impossible with additional errands, plans, etc.

I just got back from a friends house who is very rural so I had no choice but to DCFC to over 90% in between him and home so I could trickle charge when I got there so I could then have enough juice to turn around and get home. Frankly my philosophy is to follow their instructions as best I can but if life takes me outside of the lines then that's what has to happen. If GM cared they'd have bought my car back or swapped me into a new one by now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow you just totally belittled my understanding of metric because I'm American. I feel violated as the minority in this conversation.

No but seriously, if you can manage to do that god bless you. My wife does 53 miles per day round trip and I consider it a pain in the ass that she has to charge every night. If we had to contend with your commute I think I'd find it impossible with additional errands, plans, etc.

I just got back from a friends house who is very rural so I had no choice but to DCFC to over 90% in between him and home so I could trickle charge when I got there so I could then have enough juice to turn around and get home. Frankly my philosophy is to follow their instructions as best I can but if life takes me outside of the lines then that's what has to happen. If GM cared they'd have bought my car back or swapped me into a new one by now.
We try too, sometimes fail but we have a Grizzl E smart and plug it in at 5:30-6 PM and it's back to full(90%) by midnight most days and that's we me taking it out to the store etc after being plugged for an hour over supper etc. I don't run out and unplug it. it's 20 ft from the house so if it lights up it's far enough to not catch the house or the other car (Honda Pilot). I drive the Pilot to and from and have a 30 mile round trip so gas is not near as bad for me. That being said I take the bolt out every chance I get. I can go to and from work on less than half the est range. I took it with est 220 miles and when I got back I had 215 mile est LOL. it's a 55 mph road with lots of hills to regen etc. the est we get is based on 5 days a week of 75-80 mph freeway runs. my wife just can't drive 60 MPH to gain range LOL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Care to share where you get that stat from and how long ago? BC is doing pretty well too.
Per Capita, we have 800K people. and like 2000 registered EV's. That being said on the main highways NB Power and Partner FLO have a DCFC and LVL2 every 50 KM I think ? the stat was from 2 years ago I think but I can't find it again now on the website. as of 2019 there was 67 Lvl 2 and 23 DCFC from North to south and east to west.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick facts

• There are currently 67 standard level-2 charging stations available for use in New Brunswick.
  • The eCharge Network currently offers 26 level-3 fast-charging stations available for use in the following locations: Aulac, Bathurst, Campbellton, Caraquet, Dieppe, Doaktown, Edmundston, Eel River Bar, Lepreau, Miramichi, Moncton, Perth-Andover, Prince William, Quispamsis, Richibucto, Salisbury, Saint-André, Saint-Quentin, Shediac, Saint Andrews, St. Stephen, Sussex, Tracadie, Waasis, Woodstock and Youngs Cove.
  • Both plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles can charge at a 120-volt outlet or at standard level-2 charging stations (240 volt).
  • An all-electric vehicle can recharge up to 80 per cent in as little as 30 minutes at a fast-charging (level 3 / 400 volt) station.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quick facts

• There are currently 67 standard level-2 charging stations available for use in New Brunswick.
  • The eCharge Network currently offers 26 level-3 fast-charging stations available for use in the following locations: Aulac, Bathurst, Campbellton, Caraquet, Dieppe, Doaktown, Edmundston, Eel River Bar, Lepreau, Miramichi, Moncton, Perth-Andover, Prince William, Quispamsis, Richibucto, Salisbury, Saint-André, Saint-Quentin, Shediac, Saint Andrews, St. Stephen, Sussex, Tracadie, Waasis, Woodstock and Youngs Cove.
  • Both plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles can charge at a 120-volt outlet or at standard level-2 charging stations (240 volt).
  • An all-electric vehicle can recharge up to 80 per cent in as little as 30 minutes at a fast-charging (level 3 / 400 volt) station.
^^ doesn't include the Tesla superchargers everywhere, the Peto-Canada units or any of the other networks also available. We have 2 free level 2 chargers within 10KM of our house we used for the first week we had no lvl 2 at home. I met my wife at the free charger, plugged in, took her home, went back at 9-9:30 and we came home, plugged in the lvl 1 and by morning she had the 90%. It got old quick but got us by until the Grizzl E arrived and was installed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts