Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Last time I used any forum was years ago.

Last Friday purchased a Bolt Premium kinetic blue color with driver confidence II package, infotainment package. Since I could not justify spending 100 k on a Model S this was the next best thing available now. my daily commute is 90-95 miles round trip included. hopefully it was a decision well made considering free express lanes use and carpool lane use for the next 18 months.

looking forward to picking it up this week and start driving it.

I did buy 7 years / 100k extended warranty but not sure if it was worth it or not. trying to decide if I should cancel it. it was only 2400 bucks add on.

price for me was 41k + taxes and license + 2400 for extended warranty.

thanks and looking forward to spending some quality time here.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a pretty short time between putting in your order and picking up your Bolt. Guess another dealership may have had what you wanted in stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! That's a pretty short time between putting in your order and picking up your Bolt. Guess another dealership may have had what you wanted in stock.
I could have picked up the same day as it was on stock but had no place to store as we were also in the middle of moving.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am sending my paperwork in to cancel my extended warranty. I will be over 36,000 in two years and I wanted to be covered at least 3 years until I paid it off. However, looking at what is covered I am going to cancel. I have roadside assistance with my car insurance and $2400 is a lot of things going wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just picked it up and drove about 25 miles... overall a nice driving experience and plenty of power available.

I didn't notice the seat when I test drove one but now that I drove longer on the freeway, what were they thinking when they designed this stupid seat. I kept searching for better sitting position. I hope we can find some remedy for this considering 90-100 miles a day commuting.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ahhhh, ye olde seat problem. I think someone put in an extra layer of foam so you don't sink in as much, there's also the old seat cushion method.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah.. you'll have to end up getting it to an upholstery shop if you really want to fix it properly. There's a thread on here, albeit the largest thread on here, where there are a few examples of people getting their seats modified

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for someone to use this as an excuse to throw in some Corvette seats or something cool, just imagine that. What would you guys think if seeing that? LOL

If these are even tuneable then sportier seats will be a great way to complement the performance improvements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drove some more last night and today... I am liking it.. in terms of seat comfort, I feel like I will get used to it or i can just make do with some kind of gel cushioning..

It is so easy to forget and speed without realizing it. kind of makes me feel like a kid again. Since there are not a lot of them on the road. getting constant looks from other drivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts