Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I've posted questions prior to buying my 2019 Bolt LT in Cajun Red with DC fast charge and a ton of other options I'm sure everyone else has. I have had the car for almost 2 weeks. My commute is 51 miles from door to door with a level 2 charger at work and Level 1 110 outlet at home for glacial charging. I typically work from home 2 days a week (Thu, Fri) so that home charge doesn't really need to be very fast. Considering springing for level 2 at home using the PA rebate I should be getting (what an awful form I had to fill out!) to have just in case the work chargers start getting too busy.

My other vehicle that the wife drives is a Toyota Tundra Crewmax with the 5.7L V8 and all of 17-20mpg. But it doesn't leave the driveway much. It's there to tow our camper and for my wife to run errands. Over Thanksgiving we took it because our family lives in Northern PA and other than car dealers there just isn't any fast charge infrastructure up North of Harrisburg.

I have never seen another Bolt on the roads around here. The dealership I bought from put a lot of money on the hood to get rid of mine. There are a lot of Tesla model 3's, though. I drove by a new Sheetz gas station in Carlisle, PA that has several EA fast chargers and 4 of the 5 had Teslas charging from I81. Very cool.

Overall I am good with the car. I am confused about OnStar, which I had years ago in a Buick and I have no intentions of keeping. What functionality am I going to lose if I choose not to subscribe? I use the My Chevrolet app to check on the charge status often....do I have to have OnStar to keep that? I have read on here about a free membership level to Onstar, but in the next post people were saying they can't get it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
After 15 months into my lease I no longer have OnStar however, the MyChevy app still works to check charge status and the use of keyfob functions. Congratulations on being a Bolt owner!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts