Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Nightfall Gray LT (w/ a few additions) Bolt on Friday. After years of desperately seeking an end to gas fill-ups for my business vehicle, I felt confident the extended range would suffice for apartment life in Brooklyn, apartment life that in particular excludes household charging.

And, while I wanted to wait until the April 1st $2000 rebate program, a combination of impatience (I'd ordered the car back in December) and necessity prompted the go-ahead instead. I also a good buyer lined up for my old car which eased the loss.

Now, of course, it seems the weather in NY is the worst it's been all winter and the first night I'd brought it home saw the temperature drop to 18 degrees. So my range calculations are low, and it's been tough to play out the battle of do-I-really-need-those-climate-controls? But, the heated seats and heated steering wheel sure are cozy.

I'll keep it short and sweet for now though. The car's amazing, feels great to drive, and I feel ready to confront the challenges of city EV ownership. Any other city apartment dwellers here?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congratulations on your new Bolt. My Bolt has shipped to my dealer in Elmira NY. I am trying to be patient though and my dealer has agreed to let me wait until April 1st or whenever NYSERDA gets their act together, so I can take advantage of the $2000 rebate. If it was going to be a couple of months more I would have a very difficult decision to make, whether to wait or not but maybe waiting another six months the dealer would be starting to offer a discount because the 2018 models were coming. They probably will have some kind of autonomous features to compete with the 2018 Leaf and the Tesla Model 3 and of course redesigned seats.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Glad to hear everything is going well so far, but of course its all about the long term especially getting past the break in phase.
How many miles do you see yourself putting on day in and day out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey eops, driving in NY city and mostly to job sites back and forth, not much honestly. I'd say about 3-4 days a week I drive, per day, 5-10 miles. So, a charge of 212 miles, what I have now in 20 degree-ish weather, should have me set for 3-4 weeks, maybe more. Another big factor was that a lot of those days include me putting the car into a garage, and many of those now have chargers, which provides a unique opportunity for me to trickle charge, as the car's in the garage for 8-12 hours.

bro1999, you seem to have skimmed my OP? The decision was tough, but I'd been waiting 4 months for its arrival (specially ordered), was way past ditching my old car, had a fortuitous buyer for it, things just made sense. Always going to be deals in life, hopefully it'll even out somewhere - I've got to tell myself.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It's too late to look back and think about what could have been. Better to look forward and enjoy the Bolt. If you drive around 5-10 per day, there's plenty of charge for you to splurge on climate controls when it gets cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts