Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm excited to join the Bolt community! I'm a 71 year old new EV owner living in southern California. I finally took the EV plunge!

I just bought a 2020 Bolt LT, Indian Red, w/20K miles. The car drives like a dream and looks great. It'll be my wife's daily driver starting this summer, but in the interim I'm having a ball driving it. What sold me, aside from the Bolt being a great car, was that the battery is on recall. I figure once it's replaced I'll have essentially a new car. I initially hesitated to bring the car in for a replacement battery since the car has such little mileage, but since I won't be the sole driver I went ahead and made the appointment for mid-February. Should I have waited a year or two instead?

Also, the maintenance schedule at 22,500 miles seems a bit silly to have to go to the dealer for tire rotation and wiper blades. Am I missing something important here? Just curious what others suggest dealer vs. alternative servicing. The new car warranty has just ended.

· Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and the plunge into EV. My understanding is you should only charge to 80% until the battery is replaced. They probably did that setting already, I assume. If the battery was not replaced yet, how did they sell it? Was it a private party sale? My wife is thinking about a used Bolt that would qualify for the new credit. One of the caveats is it has to be sold by a licensed dealer. Can a licensed dealer sell a car under recall? I agree, tire rotation and blades at the dealer seem crazy.

· Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! Not a private purchase. I purchased it from Keyes Hyundai in Los Angeles. Before purchase I checked the Carfax (clean), then checked the VIN w/Chevrolet and found that it was under GM recall #: N212345941 High voltage battery recall. I phoned the local Chevrolet dealer and they verified that the car's battery would be replaced for free. I didn't know about the 80% charge limit. When i brought it home it had less than 40% charge, so I plugge it in (110V outlet) for nearly two days until fully charged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts