Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just bought my first EV car (I've got an electric motorcycle with second one on the way). I picked up a 2020 Bolt because the cash incentive currently being offered took away any excuse to continue waiting before getting one.

Looking forward to learning more about the Bolt specifically. I'm really enjoying the 1-pedal driving which is very similar to my motorcycle with regen dialed up high. At this point I've got one gas powered vehicle left in my garage and I'm hoping my wife will grow to love the Bolt enough that she'll give me the okay to trade in her little SUV on another electric car.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

All those hours spent waiting in traffic cost much less out of pocket and much less environmental cost, so the Bay Area is ideal for a BEV.

jack vines, who once lived there, but decided he couldn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay! Welcome!

If you're near/pass by any of the Home Page - DRIVEtheARC locations and your car has a DC FC inlet, you might want to sign up for EVgo and DTA accounts to take advantage of the free DC FC juice. :)
Thanks for the tip. I’ve got accounts with most of the charging providers here in the Bay Area but I’ve never heard of DRIVEtheARC. I’ll look into them further. It’ll be good to have some free DC charging for both my Bolt and my Energicas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Home Page - DRIVEtheARC is a bit weird. Partners are at Partners - DRIVEtheARC. They only cover a very limited part of CA and from the beginning they ONLY offered free DC FCing for CHAdeMO users. The way to get set up for free charging was pretty hokey and involved for Leafs. (How to Use the DRIVEtheARC App - DRIVEtheARC, unsure what those w/o nav systems which would be S trim Leafs were supposed to do as they wouldn't have a unit ID)

Then, quietly, they started offering free charging to both CHAdeMO and SAE Combo users. Before that happened, they were going to change their operating model to no longer offer free charging and just discounts (Drive The ARC (DTA) and EVgo - My Nissan Leaf Forum). Also, they got rid of that screwy and involved setup the I pointed to.

Be careful that only a small subset of EVgo DC FCs are covered by DrivetheARC. You can tell via their map and app. Those covered chargers are the only ones where you can tap to get a "promo ticket" which right now provides a 100% discount. :) COVID-19 update: 100% discount PromoTicket services - DRIVEtheARC has them current offering 100% discounts until further notice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yay! Welcome!

If you're near/pass by any of the Home Page - DRIVEtheARC locations and your car has a DC FC inlet, you might want to sign up for EVgo and DTA accounts to take advantage of the free DC FC juice. :)
Sadly, I downloaded the app, only to find most of the charging is along the I-80 corridor well east of SF. Very little from SF southward.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
DTA was originally an effort (partially) funded by Nissan and the CEC (and others) to create an "arc" from Monterey Bay to Lake Tahoe so that the LEAF1 could make the drive there and back. (arc as in "geometric shape"). It took a loooong time to set up - years. And it was (originally) mainly CHAdeMO. Now, since EVgo joined the effort a couple of years ago, there are many dual-plug installations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts