Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Cajun Red Bolt. It's been in our possesion for about 3 weeks. We both work from home so we don't use it every day. We also live in a city central condo in Austin, TX and don't have our own home charging station. We rely on Chargepoint stations luckily the City has a program in conjunction with them to heavily discount pricing. We have been getting 220+ miles per charge regularly. What is the top end of a charged car per Chevy? Also is it bad for the batteries to just only use the Chargepoint stations?

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
We have a Cajun Red Bolt. It's been in our possesion for about 3 weeks. We both work from home so we don't use it every day. We also live in a city central condo in Austin, TX and don't have our own home charging station. We rely on Chargepoint stations luckily the City has a program in conjunction with them to heavily discount pricing. We have been getting 220+ miles per charge regularly. What is the top end of a charged car per Chevy? Also is it bad for the batteries to just only use the Chargepoint stations?
Are you using 240 volt chargers, or DC fast chargers? The 240 volt chargers are just like most of us use at home. Using DC fast chargers only is not recommended. If you must do that, I would not charger over 80%

Is your 220+ miles on "hill top"/90% charge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using 240 volt chargers, or DC fast chargers? The 240 volt chargers are just like most of us use at home. Using DC fast chargers only is not recommended. If you must do that, I would not charger over 80%

Is your 220+ miles on "hill top"/90% charge?
We are using the 240 volt chargers. Chargepoint has two DC chargers near us.. but they used so much we've kind of gave up even trying to get in the queue.

I'll have to check on the "hill top"/90% charge option. I'm not sure. We've driven to North Austin several times as well a couple of times out of town to San Antonio (about 90 miles from our place) and we've used quite a bit of battery after a trip to SA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts