Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just purchased my new Bolt today, and brought it home. I live in NE Ohio, Akron area. Looking forward to driving this for many, many years. I've already seen lots of good info on this site, so thanks for that.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard. The Forum is filled with nice, knowledge-filled people who are happy to share. When a question pops up, check to see if there is a thread on the subject already. If your question is not answered to your satisfaction, ask away! Pretty soon, you will be adding your experience to our knowledge base. I am not exaggerating when I say I learn something new nearly every day. Did you get DCFC and are you hoping to do some traveling in the Bolt? You will be good east & west, but not so well off going south. We in WV are working to get DCFC in Charleston, just down I-77 from you, so you can hop across WV to VA and NC. Best of luck!

{Hear me subliminally whispering in the background: "Siemens VersiCharge, Siemens VersiCharge..."}

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Yes, it has the DCFC option. I doubt I will do any real travelling. This will be for commuting ~80 miles a day. I did not specifically want toe DCFC option, but it had it. I don't think I will be able to use it very often, as there are few charging stations anywhere near where I drive. I've checked around, and there are quite a few of the level 2 chargers, not not many fast chargers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome SilentQ,

We bought our Bolt in Aug. in NW Pa. in July before we could get them in Ohio. We live up near Lorain, Ohio. We have really been enjoying our Bolt. You'll love the Bolt. We have a black LT with the DC charger. We have a Seimens 220 volt charger in the garage left over from our 2013 Leaf (owned it for 4 years). We never have used the DC charge option even with the Leaf but I wanted it just in case. Maybe if we get a couple more in the area we can all meet up some time. Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts