Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Bolt this week, was really excited. The car that I traded in for this was a Ford CMax Energi plug-in electric hybrid.
Commute for me to work is about 18 miles each way, mostly highway. I learned to baby the cmax to get to work on a charge, then plug in for the day for the drive home.
Then a jerk at work started to unplug me... However, ignoring that, I managed to mostly get that car to run on battery only (last gas purchase was in June 2016, 6600 miles ago. Still had a quarter tank when I traded in.)

So, now a Bolt. Loving this car, knowing that it's cold here in VA right now so it's not going to shine as far as range goes. It'll just get better as the weather warms up. Hey, I can at least run the heat now - couldn't do that previously. One pedal driving is fun, the car is comfortable and great to drive. Much better room in the cargo area as well.

Hope to be able to contribute here, looking forward to never seeing a gas pump again. >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome Rick! Great to hear you're loving your Bolt and that you feel it's an improvement over the C-Max. Post a picture!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have definitely more than enough range now :) Welcome to the forums. That guy sure sounds like a douche....
Yeah, then I got a video of him unplugging. Posted a note on his car just before the last day I owned the CMax. Since I no longer need to charge at work, "PlugGate" is now over. (Several co-workers told me to retaliate... not going there.)

It's kind of interesting - there's a bunch of Teslas where I work, then me in the little guy with limited electric range. I *needed* that charge to get home as I barely made it to work on a charge, especially in the winter. At the site, we've all been sharing the 120 volt outlets (with the occasional breaker pops due to too many plugged in). Company is now going to install EVSEs. I won't likely use them since I no longer need to. This car has removed the range anxiety for most of my drives.

To explain my GM history, I'm a Saturn Fan. My Saturns: SL2, SW2, SC2 (daughter), VUE, VUE Green Line, Astra (wife). Then GM killed Saturn, so my next two were a Escape Hybrid and the CMax. I'm really hoping that GM has this right. So far, they're not letting me down. Great dealer experience!

Picture? Will get one posted. Currently the car has too much salt from recent snows. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts