Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of thinking and reading helpful informations regarding Chevy Bolt here in this forum, I finally decided to switch from PHEV to BEV. It is true that PHEV is a gateway drug to BEV. I hate it when my Prime engine kicks in after using up all the EV portion.

I am still waiting for my 2020 Bolt LT in Cayenne Orange to get to the dealer. Hopefully by next week it will arrive so I can pick it up.

I've tried the seat and its okay I guess but my main issue is when you try to get out of the car. When you swing your left leg to get out, you can really feel the hard plastic on the back of your thigh. Thinking of buying a seat cover that has foam. Any suggestions?
Floor mat definitely will buy either Tuxmat or 3D Maxpider?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tuxmat is best IMHO.

Reactions: max and utsug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome! I guess I’m a bit numb on my backside since I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary when getting out of mine. While I don’t intend on using mine for road trips I can see how the thinner padding would become uncomfortable after awhile. For my around town daily driving use though, I’m fine with the seats.

Let us know what kind of seat cover/padding you go with and how it works out. If there’s a decent solution I may give it a try on the rare occasions I take the car out for more than a couple of hours.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
After months of thinking and reading helpful informations regarding Chevy Bolt here in this forum, I finally decided to switch from PHEV to BEV. It is true that PHEV is a gateway drug to BEV. I hate it when my Prime engine kicks in after using up all the EV portion.

I am still waiting for my 2020 Bolt LT in Cayenne Orange to get to the dealer. Hopefully by next week it will arrive so I can pick it up.

I've tried the seat and its okay I guess but my main issue is when you try to get out of the car. When you swing your left leg to get out, you can really feel the hard plastic on the back of your thigh. Thinking of buying a seat cover that has foam. Any suggestions?
Floor mat definitely will buy either Tuxmat or 3D Maxpider?
I have the WeatherTech set. Good but not great as the dead pedal is not fully covered and it’s missing lips on the side to prevent water to rush to the door seal when cornering.

My mother (yes, she just got a Bolt too) just received the 3D Maxpider. I inspected them closely and would choose them over the WT. Big lips on the sides, full dead pedal covering, very nice material with thousands of micro-depressions to hold the water. On top of that, they are the cheapest ones.

I checked the Tuxmat ones and didn’t like the fact that they have grooves favouring water movement toward the door seals and very areas to hold the water.

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll love the Bolt. Relatives who've owned Tesla and BMW i3 are both considering pre-owned Bolts as the better urban daily users.

As to the floor mat discussion, it's interesting to me that for forty-five years, we've lived in the frozen ass-end of nowhere with lots of snow and never have felt the need for the Weathertech/Tuxmat/3D. Good that we don't, as I don't like the look or the feel of them underfoot. Just asking, but how does one get enough depth of water in the floorboards that it could slosh around toward the door seals? Again, never in forty-five years experienced that.

jack vines

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mother (yes, she just got a Bolt too) just received the 3D Maxpider. I inspected them closely and would choose them over the WT. Big lips on the sides, full dead pedal covering, very nice material with thousands of micro-depressions to hold the water.
I saw a 3D Maxpider but they come in different color (front is black and rear is gray). I can't find black in both front and back row. So I might end up with Tuxmat.

Welcome to the forum. You'll love the Bolt. Relatives who've owned Tesla and BMW i3 are both considering pre-owned Bolts as the better urban daily users.
I think I will, I used to own a Honda Fit but totaled it 2 yrs ago. I love that kind of hatchback so can't wait to drive the Bolt.

·
Registered
238 Posts
3D maxpiders seem to go in and out of stock all the time; If i recall from when i was shopping for mine it took a little while, but i eventually found a really good deal on a full set. I don't recall where I got them from though; but I'm sure it was one of the usual places (Amazon, Walmart, Ebay Storefronts, etc...). Good Luck!

Had our Bolt coming up on 12 months 7/31; Still loving it.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT aka Doc Brown
3 Posts
I purchased the 3D maxpiders for front only and have been happy so far (just a few weeks of ownership). The main reason i went with them over tuxmat was they were available on amazon at a reasonable price, great reviews, and most importantly, i didn't have to buy them with the rear seat floor mat as a set. It's so rare that people sit in my rear seat that i figure it's no big deal and not worth an additional $100 bucks. I also think the 3D's are maybe a little bit more discrete than the tux mat, but that's totally subjective. One thing i will probably do to them is bolster the "gas" pedal area with an additional layer of rubber affixed with shoe goo, to ensure longevity.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am deciding between Maxpiders and Tuxmat. I like how the Maxpiders extend above the sides but Tuxmat looks elegant. Tuxmat is about $20 more than Maxpiders.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats! I just upgraded to a 2020 cayenne orange metallic from a 2017 kinetic blue Bolt. I absolutely love the orange color.

I agree with your point about PHEVs; my wife's C-Max Energi is what motivated me to consider BEVs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts