Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just leased a Bolt LT a few days ago and loving it so far. Its always great to find a dedicated forum to help find issues and help others with info.

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Just leased a Bolt LT a few days ago and loving it so far. Its always great to find a dedicated forum to help find issues and help others with info.
Yes it is and welcome to the place to talk about Bolts! Roseville, CA I assume? Beautiful country up there.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the boards good friend! Be sure to keep us updated on your experience!! How long are your average commutes?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from another LT lease guy!!
After doing a test drive for a LT due to unavailability of Premier I may lease a LT instead on Premier as well. One of my main motivation for premium was upgraded Bose sound system, but I did find LT sound system quite good. or rather at-least good enough to keep monthly lease cost significantly low compared to Premier:)

Other features I was looking for that LT does not have are 1. Forward collision monitor, 2. Rear camera mirror, 3. Birds eye view. These are nice from safety and usability point of view, but I need to convince myself for extra monthly costs for having these additional features!!

I am hoping GM offer very aggressive lease in next few months (model 3, year-end, 2018 Bolt release) so that I can get a premier at lower payments and not burn my wallet.

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
After doing a test drive for a LT due to unavailability of Premier I may lease a LT instead on Premier as well. One of my main motivation for premium was upgraded Bose sound system, but I did find LT sound system quite good. or rather at-least good enough to keep monthly lease cost significantly low compared to Premier:)

Other features I was looking for that LT does not have are 1. Forward collision monitor, 2. Rear camera mirror, 3. Birds eye view. These are nice from safety and usability point of view, but I need to convince myself for extra monthly costs for having these additional features!!

I am hoping GM offer very aggressive lease in next few months (model 3, year-end, 2018 Bolt release) so that I can get a premier at lower payments and not burn my wallet.
The stereo you can always upgrade aftermarket. I personally find the stock LT radio sufficient. I mostly listen to podcasts these days and I have never gone to my car to critically listen to music. I usually can't hear much anyways over me singing along! :laugh:

The way I rationalized not spending the extra money on the Premier was, I looked back on my driving career and the dozens of cars, trucks and vans I've owned and asked myself how well I've done over the last 38 years of driving without those things. I've done very well. Then I asked myself how much of an upgrade is the LT as is over what I have been driving and it's significant.

The three things the Premier has that can't be had on the LT that I really do wish I could have is the blue ambient dash lighting, (I may add that myself) the roof rails for putting stuff on the roof and the bird's eye view cameras. I just couldn't justify $4200 for those things and I am stretching the car budget as it is with the LT.

I fault no one for buying a Premier with all the goodies. If you have the car budget then go for it! Why not?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The stereo you can always upgrade aftermarket. I personally find the stock LT radio sufficient. I mostly listen to podcasts these days and I have never gone to my car to critically listen to music. I usually can't hear much anyways over me singing along! :laugh:

The way I rationalized not spending the extra money on the Premier was, I looked back on my driving career and the dozens of cars, trucks and vans I've owned and asked myself how well I've done over the last 38 years of driving without those things. I've done very well. Then I asked myself how much of an upgrade is the LT as is over what I have been driving and it's significant.

The three things the Premier has that can't be had on the LT that I really do wish I could have is the blue ambient dash lighting, (I may add that myself) the roof rails for putting stuff on the roof and the bird's eye view cameras. I just couldn't justify $4200 for those things and I am stretching the car budget as it is with the LT.

I fault no one for buying a Premier with all the goodies. If you have the car budget then go for it! Why not?
DaVor, nicely summed up.
Now only when GM expands incentives like Select Market Incremental CCR $3,250 nation-wide and not just to CA residents, and also add Bolt in GM-family-First and Employee discounts. That will bring premier lease in line with LT lease! I am playing waiting game, and CA dealers cannot lease to a non-CA resistant.

·
Registered
196 Posts
:crying:Your budget is always the number one consideration. Don't be foolish and over extend your finances. Regardless of which model Bolt you choose, everyone gets 238 mile EV range. I've read that more options are best. Living without a desired option/feature could be a annoying three plus years. I love technology and the Bolt is full of it. Depending on how you view the LT versus Premier, the difference could be huge or reasonable. I prefer the Premier, and the difference in cost spread over a 36 month lease is reasonable.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Purchasing and leasing are different games to be played, to be sure. I am in love with my Premier, but as I had a very old car, some of the things I love the most are standard (and even found in ICE cars). Amortizing the cost difference over the years I plan to keep the Bolt, it was an easy decision for me.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone I’m very happy with the car and my lease payment is extremely low less than $100

1 - 11 of 11 Posts