Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wile cleaning out my car yesterday I notice on the front seats that the backing support cover has become "disconnected" so I started to do some research about it and YEP sure enough other Bolt owners are experiencing the same thing... watch out Chevy here comes another wave of "seats hate mail"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Boy did they screw up on this seats all around, I can wait till the stitching starts to come apart, when will this seat issue end?????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There sure seems to be plenty of Bolt seat issues, and plenty of posts about them!

But... is anyone at GM actually addressing the issue(s)?

Has anyone heard anything other than "bring it to the dealer- have them look at it"?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Would be nice if a Chevy rep had an account on this site. I've seen something like that on Jeep sites before and it goes a long way for customer satisfaction. Best thing bolt owners can do is probably ask their dealerships to lodge a complaint or something similar with GM.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This has definitely come up quite a bit and I was hoping it was just an anomaly the first time I seen it. Seems they have quite a bit to iron out, which was expected though. Hopefully this gets all taken care of for the 2018 models.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Would be nice if a Chevy rep had an account on this site. I've seen something like that on Jeep sites before and it goes a long way for customer satisfaction. ....
Amber G. (GM Cust. Service Rep) regularly posts at mychevybolt.com, she gives out her email address and will personally respond to your inquiries at [email protected].
Send her an email to get her involved....

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe if everyone with seat problems sends her an email about it, she'll forward it to GM for a fix. This looks like a manufacturer flaw and should be covered under the factory warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Maybe if everyone with seat problems sends her an email about it, she'll forward it to GM for a fix. This looks like a manufacturer flaw and should be covered under the factory warranty.
If something has come unglued, or unfastened then yes, it's covered. All a GM customer service rep is going to tell you is, take it to your dealer, so if you haven't done that yet, that is step one, not sending emails.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If something has come unglued, or unfastened then yes, it's covered. All a GM customer service rep is going to tell you is, take it to your dealer, so if you haven't done that yet, that is step one, not sending emails.
Exactly, they track items by how many people will complain (enough to bring their car to the dealer). They track issues through their people.

So if anything, report the problem, let them look at it and record the complaint. Just don't expect them to fix it yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also had seat popping sounds on my driver seat back. I took my Bolt into Delilo Chevy in HB. They replaced the seatback, but broker the riser in the process. They now tell me the part is on backorder and they don't know when it will arrive.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ Yikes!

Can you drive the car or is it out of service till the part arrives and is installed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same issue (popping sound) on the driver seat.. Have to look into it it today to find if there is a visible issue...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Luckily, I can still drive the car. Just annoyed because they fixed one thing and created an even bigger problem than the previous one.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Luckily, I can still drive the car. Just annoyed because they fixed one thing and created an even bigger problem than the previous one.
Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

The GM rep I spoke with couldn't understand why I don't want to take my Bolt in for service because three of my radio presets aren't working properly. She specifically mentioned they'd have most likely have to partially remove the dashboard and remove & replace the radio to remedy the situation.

No way I'm letting the dealership remove my dash and radio, etc... for three (out of fifteen) radio presets not working!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

The GM rep I spoke with couldn't understand why I don't want to take my Bolt in for service because three of my radio presets aren't working properly. She specifically mentioned they'd have most likely have to partially remove the dashboard and remove & replace the radio to remedy the situation.

No way I'm letting the dealership remove my dash and radio, etc... for three (out of fifteen) radio presets not working!
I had this problem with a weird preset problem. One particular preset wouldn't work. It would just skip over the preset half the time, even though I could manually tune in the radio station that wasn't working. I ended up deleting all of my presets, and re-entered all of them in a slightly different order and that fixed things.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ thanks devbolt..... I may try that.

It's weird problem... but certainly not worth a dashboard and radio ripout.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My wife took the car to the dealer this morning (second time going in for the same issue with the seats seams splitting open) and the service writer told her "is normal, it is designed that way for the air bags"

I think GM is setting up for a class action suit !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
More seat problems

I also had seat popping sounds on my driver seat back. I took my Bolt into Delilo Chevy in HB. They replaced the seatback, but broker the riser in the process. They now tell me the part is on backorder and they don't know when it will arrive.
Update: now the leather on the seatback that they replaced is coming off the frame. Any chance the dealer could just replace the whole seat since they broke the riser and now the seatback is coming undone? My riser par has been on back order for almost a month!

·
Registered
735 Posts
My wife took the car to the dealer this morning (second time going in for the same issue with the seats seams splitting open) and the service writer told her "is normal, it is designed that way for the air bags"

I think GM is setting up for a class action suit !!!
Classic words :D

In other words they were trying to say... "we know its a problem but right now its too complicated and time consuming for us to deal with, wait for the recall"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts