Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

I'm a recent convert to the 100% EV life. My gateway drug was a 2017 Kinetic Blue Volt that had the dreaded misfire/afterfire/bang problem that quite a few Gen 2 Volt owners (MY2016 to MY2018) have and that GM initially denied was a problem. They eventually admitted it was one and are working on a fix, but I was tired of hitting the ICE in the fall weather and was tired of not only having "gas anxiety", but "misfire" anxiety. If you visit the gm-volt.com forums, you can see in my sig there the videos of my misfires along with a 2016 Volt owner with the same problem.

I'm loving the Bolt so far and looking forward to running up the miles in it!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hopefully the Bolt will treat you better. So far there was one recall, but Chevy seems to be pretty on top of their first affordable long range Ev and can't really afford to mess up.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Another Summit White owner, did you get LT or Premier, DC fast charge? I've got the Premier with everything and the kitchen sink. At work there's another LT white, it's a good color.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Summit White Bolt

My couple complaints with the summit white I only have 250 miles so far and had 2 stone chips on the front ,
one may have been there when I picked it up ? Also the bumper underneath is Black so any chips on the paint and it shows up right away . I also forgot to pick up touch up paint when I was at dealer . At first I thought it was black tar on the paint but on investigation it was a ding cause the black was not coming off .
Also the light color on the dash does reflect bad on the windshield on sunny days.
otherwise car has been great

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum and hopefully the Bolt will treat you better. So far there was one recall, but Chevy seems to be pretty on top of their first affordable long range Ev and can't really afford to mess up.
Glad to see a familiar name. Am amazed you can keep up with both forums. I'm having a hard time as it is keeping up with both. Would like to see the misfire issue fixed cause I'm still liking the Voltec tech and hope they fix it for future Volts and CUV/SUV using Voltec.

Another Summit White owner, did you get LT or Premier, DC fast charge? I've got the Premier with everything and the kitchen sink. At work there's another LT white, it's a good color.
I'm running an LT with DCFC. I think tomorrow will be the first time I will DCFC. I'm still working up the nerve/story to use a competing Chevy Dealer's DCFC station for free. I may just go pay for DCFC to check that it works on my Bolt.

The Prius C is my drug of choice. And yeah, the ICE coming on is such a downer - I can hardly wait to get my Bolt...
It'll be well worth the wait. I share some of the same gripes as other Bolt owners, but overall, I'm happy with the Bolt so far. Seat issue was easily fixed and surprisingly, my full-size spare tire is automatically held in place in the cargo area. The seats and the closed hatch prevents the tire from flipping up at all and the natural curve of the cargo area limits the full-size spare sliding room to 3" left or right. I may post a review one day but I'm still finding excuses to drive with so much range...

My couple complaints with the summit white I only have 250 miles so far and had 2 stone chips on the front ,
one may have been there when I picked it up ? Also the bumper underneath is Black so any chips on the paint and it shows up right away . I also forgot to pick up touch up paint when I was at dealer . At first I thought it was black tar on the paint but on investigation it was a ding cause the black was not coming off .
Also the light color on the dash does reflect bad on the windshield on sunny days.
otherwise car has been great
That's some bad luck. I've already but in my order for a BoltScreen (loved it on my Volt) for rock chips on the radiator. Weird that the primer/material underneath is black. Never understood why so many cars have contrasting colors underneath the car paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts