Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So spent the first real $$ on the Bolt since new. Tires are shot at 56k KM - 34K Miles. About 48K KM or 30K miles is all they got because we ran winters for 3 months. Going with Pirelli P7 all seasons which should outlast the OEM by 2-3x. I've run them on 2 previous cars and really like them. Dropped the wheels off at the shop and have the winters on for a couple days until they get installed then will swap back until Dec(Hopefully). Only other expense so far was a cabin air filter and WW fluid LOL. If it was a brand new ICE I'd have done at least 3 oil changes etc. Love the EV maintenance schedule. I rotated the tires every 12K KM or so and the wore out evenly but they are worn out to the point they were no longer safe to drive on. $1012.00 CAD installed and balanced.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So spent the first real $$ on the Bolt since new. Tires are shot at 56k KM - 34K Miles. About 48K KM or 30K miles is all they got because we ran winters for 3 months. Going with Pirelli P7 all seasons which should outlast the OEM by 2-3x. I've run them on 2 previous cars and really like them. Dropped the wheels off at the shop and have the winters on for a couple days until they get installed then will swap back until Dec(Hopefully). Only other expense so far was a cabin air filter and WW fluid LOL. If it was a brand new ICE I'd have done at least 3 oil changes etc. Love the EV maintenance schedule. I rotated the tires every 12K KM or so and the wore out evenly but they are worn out to the point they were no longer safe to drive on. $1012.00 CAD installed and balanced.
How do the pirellis perform when worn?
According to engineering explained the cinturo (in the video) (i believe those are the P7) are in the premium price category but perform as well as cheap tires when worn on the wet.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a couple models of the P7 I got the cheap ones with the good UTQG rating. P7 AS Plus 800 A A. the Cinturo are different with a lower rating. I've put over 100K on this model on a civic and no change in wet until the trad finally got close to wear bars.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Blurb from tirerack on the ones I bought:
The P7 AS Plus 3 is Pirelli's Grand Touring All-Season tire designed for the drivers of sedans, coupes, CUVs and small SUVs looking for confident comfort, with luxurious ride and noise attributes combined with good traction and control in dry and wet conditions. Engineered to suit the North American market, the P7 AS Plus 3 also focuses on durability and tread wear, along with enhanced winter performance with year-round grip, even in light snow.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far looks like I'll lose about 12-15 miles range with the new tires. Will know for sure the first time my son takes it the 120 miles to and from school and see what the GOM has left. Just driving to work and back I see it reading lower left on the GOM than prior to new tires installed. That being said these are WAY better than the OEM. handling much improved, quieter and smoother ride for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts