Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
These are my notes from the last winter in Montreal, based on my commute at the time : 100 km a day, 6 short drives during the day, the car never charged during the day and 21C heating. Drove it like a normal car (100 km/h on the highway, 60-40 highway/city driving) and the below projected distances are calculated for a 57 kWh battery. The yellow lines were obtained after I changed my winter tires to the stock ones, well, spring arrived.

P.S. The temperature is in Celsius degrees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
These are my notes from the last winter in Montreal, based on my commute at the time : 100 km a day, 6 short drives during the day, the car never charged during the day and 21C heating. Drove it like a normal car (100 km/h on the highway, 60-40 highway/city driving) and the below projected distances are calculated for a 57 kWh battery. The yellow lines were obtained after I changed my winter tires to the stock ones, well, spring arrived.

P.S. The temperature is in Celsius degrees.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

I commute from Ile Perrot to St.Hubert every day, I think I should be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I commute from Ile Perrot to St.Hubert every day, I think I should be fine.
You might want to read this:

The TLDR is that slow driving in very cold conditions with the heat on results in greatly diminished range as a disproportionate amount of energy is used by the heater! Sitting in Montreal traffic for hours might be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You might want to read this:

The TLDR is that slow driving in very cold conditions with the heat on results in greatly diminished range as a disproportionate amount of energy is used by the heater! Sitting in Montreal traffic for hours might be a problem.
I'll be fully warmed and charged for the trip to the office, so really just need enough juice for the 92km drive home, which takes about an hour or so.

I will find some charging stations on the route though, in case there's an accident or some other problem.

Thanks

21 - 24 of 24 Posts