Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a 2020 premier a couple weeks ago, and couldn’t be happier.
My commute to work changed from 12 miles round trip to 65 miles. With only V8’s in the family had to do something.
Day I brought her home to meet the family.

After a couple weeks and a couple mods. I have a problem.

Hope to learn a ton more on charging and taking road trips.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Sell the Jeep. Install the 30 amp Siemens VersiCharge (<$459) [40 amp circuit] in the garage and live happily ever after. Welcome aboard from me and LCTRCBLU, my 2017 Bolt EV {now with 33K miles!}

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sell the Jeep. Install the 30 amp Siemens VersiCharge (<$459) [40 amp circuit] in the garage and live happily ever after. Welcome aboard from me and LCTRCBLU, my 2017 Bolt EV {now with 33K miles!}
The Jeep is the wife’s daily, but she does love driving the Bolt. I‘ve been thinking of getting the Siemens VersiCharge, just don’t know if I need it yet. Using the charger that came with has been good so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Jeep is the wife’s daily, but she does love driving the Bolt. I‘ve been thinking of getting the Siemens VersiCharge, just don’t know if I need it yet. Using the charger that came with has been good so far.
If you want an intermediate step, you can use the stock cord at 240v if there's a dryer receptacle or other 240v source available. That will give you twice the speed for, in my case, $12 in parts (dryer cord & female plug for stock cable).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want an intermediate step, you can use the stock cord at 240v if there's a dryer receptacle or other 240v source available. That will give you twice the speed for, in my case, $12 in parts (dryer cord & female plug for stock cable).
That does sound like a good idea, I will have to look into that. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts