Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just got my first EV and now I'm a convert. I was hesitant to pull the trigger and a little concerned about how I'd have to change my ways, but I'm happy to report that I'm loving this Chevy Bolt. I have zero range anxiety and I travel 70-80 miles a day and go two days without charging. I've even been cranking the A/C on my way home.

Glad to join you guys.

T

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the new Bolt! I was a convert early on after driving my brother's Fit EV and Volt (gen2) I knew my next car would be an EV, but I needed more range than was available at the time and didn't have Tesla money. As soon as I could put a deposit on a Bolt they had my money! Hopefully you'll share your positive experiences with the people around you and help to convince a few more ICE buyers to consider an EV

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Hi folks,

I just got my first EV and now I'm a convert. I was hesitant to pull the trigger and a little concerned about how I'd have to change my ways, but I'm happy to report that I'm loving this Chevy Bolt. I have zero range anxiety and I travel 70-80 miles a day and go two days without charging. I've even been cranking the A/C on my way home.

Glad to join you guys.

T
I took the plunge too, but I've done impulsive things before. Actually the I've been interested in electric cars since before the first Volt. I used to be very active on GM-Volt.com and even traveled to New York city see the first Volt concept car and meet Bob Lutz as well as many other Volt designers and engineers. It was super fun and I got to thank Bob Lutz for making my Pontiac Solstice in person!

However, in the end I never bought a Volt. The eventual production model was just too Prius like for me. Gen 2 is much, much better IMO. However, with the Bolt I don't even need a range extender!

Welcome to the forums! I love my Bolt too!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Welcome to silent power!! It's really hard to explain to an ICE driver the
feeling of driving electric. Once experienced it is truly addictive.
Congrats on your Bolt & welcome!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I still haven't pulled the trigger yet but have gone on my test drive and I think that alone has pushed me enough to be a future convert as well! You really do have to drive one to believe it. Congratulations though! What color and trim?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forums! I still haven't pulled the trigger yet but have gone on my test drive and I think that alone has pushed me enough to be a future convert as well! You really do have to drive one to believe it. Congratulations though! What color and trim?
Thanks. I got the Premier in orange.

When I went looking, my first thought was that I wanted leather because I have little kids and leather is easier to clean. But I also liked the idea of the roof crossbar option because I'd like to be able to take bikes with me. The funny thing is that I ended up buying a hitch receiver (Draw-Tite) instead of crossbars, so I could've gone with the LT for that aspect. However, the factor on which I didn't really put much weight, but now appreciate, is the safety features. I never thought I would want to spend money on all those sensors and warning indicators, but now I'm glad I did. I particularly like the reverse cross-traffic warning and blind-spot warning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats Toki08 on your new purchase and welcome to the EV club and the forum! I wasn't expecting to get a lot of use out of the lane change technology and all that other stuff, but the cross-traffic warning and some of the other features have really grown on me. Now, when I drive my wife's car, I feel like I'm driving blind!

Reactions: toki08
1 - 10 of 10 Posts