Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

New to me 2017 Bolt EV LT

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GJETSON 
#1 ·
Hey Friends,

My name is Rick and yesterday I got a lease return Bolt. Paid 22k here in Southern California. I am super stoked. I do have a question, how do I set up my onstar, and then the My Chevy app?

I don't have a picture of it yet, but it is blue.

#4 ·
Call OnStar and make sure you get the EV Mobile Command Package, this will allow you to remotely pre-condition, unlock etc. All Bolts get 5 years free. Then set up My Chevy app and pair it with the car/VIN, details on keypass are in the user manual.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone. So I have a few questions.

1 can the time the headlights are on after turning the car off be reduced? Do the headlights run off the main drive battery?

2 I am confused about when the air conditioner is on. Can someone explain the operation? Do I need to turn on the heat/air conditioner if I want it cooler?

Thanks for any help.

#8 · (Edited)
1 can the time the headlights are on after turning the car off be reduced? Do the headlights run off the main drive battery?

2 I am confused about when the air conditioner is on. Can someone explain the operation? Do I need to turn on the heat/air conditioner if I want it cooler?
They and all the car accessories run off the 12 volt battery, which is charged by the main drive battery. Go into settings on the center screen. There is a screen that is all light, lock, and horn settings. It's been several years now, but I turned almost everything off. My outside lights go off as soon as the car does.

There is only one button for both heat and AC on the 2017. Half the time you will get a mix of both, due to their concern for humidity. Go into the center screen settings, and turn off auto defrost. Also don't use the auto button. Those two things will prevent it from turning on by itself. If the heat/AC button is off, but the far left air button is on, you can use the fan to just blow in outside air. At any time, you can hit the MAX defrost button for heat, AC, and Hi fan on the windshield. That will clear any fogging very quickly. Hitting it again will send you back to your previous settings.

Turning the heat/AC knob to Hi or Lo is your best shot at not getting a mixture of both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.