Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Good Luck! Out of curiosity what state are you in?
New Mexico. Land of Enchantment. Really appreciate your tip on the panels. We have some pretty bad hail now and again. Might save me a claim. Had to have my house's roof replaced a few years ago from hail. My metal roof on my shop hardly had a dent.

Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier w/ driver confidence 2 and infotainment packages in Silver Mist
Discussion Starter #22
New Mexico. Land of Enchantment. Really appreciate your tip on the panels. We have some pretty bad hail now and again. Might save me a claim. Had to have my house's roof replaced a few years ago from hail. My metal roof on my shop hardly had a dent.
Beautiful state and ideal for solar. Check with Sunpower for specific coverage and exclusion of course. The 320w panels are an older design and may not have the same warranty as the 360w panels.
I wish I had an outbuilding to put the panels on. I live in a suburban housing tract.
Good luck with your project, do a thread on it for the folks here! 馃憤

Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier w/ driver confidence 2 and infotainment packages in Silver Mist
Discussion Starter #24
Let me clarify to anyone following the solar conversation here:

If you are interested in going with solar, check online or the yellow pages etc for 鈥淪olar Contractor鈥.

Generally speaking you do not need a general contractor unless you want more than a solar system.
Most solar contractors will have both an electrical and a roofing sub-contracting license. Some my also be a general contractor.

For commercial systems (think large scale 3-phase system) you want an A licensed contractor with a certified Electrical Engineer in-house.

The only requirement for the residential solar system is electrical contractor (in CA the classification is C10).
A roofing license is highly recommended if you will be placing the panels on your roof. In CA that license classification is C39.

For all other states or countries, check with local requirements before proceeding.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Probably why they're on Ebay. The spec sheet had 25 year limited power warranty with 10 years limited product warranty.
The strong panels are Sunpower 鈥淢axeon gen5鈥. They also make potato chip panels so find out what series they are before proceeding.

They also now make a 400w panel. So now my 360鈥檚 are an iPhone 10 馃槀

21 - 26 of 26 Posts