Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, today I got a warning message I had not seen before. Is it new or is the car monitoring my behavior?

Warning

Taking your eyes off of the road too long or too often while
using this system could cause a crash, resulting in injury
or death to you or others. Focus your attention on driving.​

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wouldn't you need to have some sort of an auto-pilot system installed? The only time I had seen this was on a tesla Model S rental while using the auto-pilot feature...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Okay, today I got a warning message I had not seen before. Is it new or is the car monitoring my behavior?

Warning

Did you have your Lane Keep Assist on? if so, I get something like that on my wife's Accord (with LKA). It does not like it when I take my hands off the wheel for more than a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have your Lane Keep Assist on? if so, I get something like that on my wife's Accord (with LKA). It does not like it when I take my hands off the wheel for more than a few seconds.
Not a real time message. Pops up on center console display when "starting" car.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Warning

I get this randomly. Sometimes at vehicle start, sometimes when moving. I can't figure out what triggers it. I do have LKA on, and I might take my hands off the wheel when getting ready to drive, but never while moving (except when I was trying to prove to myself that LKA actually did something).

·
Registered
56 Posts

Warning

I also get this message. Not all the time, but only when starting the car.

I do not have lane assist and LT version

·
Registered
181 Posts
Warning

I get this regularly. It comes on at power up for two consecutive power up cycles, then does not appear for a while. I suspect there is a cycle count before it appears again, but I haven?t counted.

If I don?t clear it, it will appear at power on until I do. Then it will appear again on the next power up, if it was the first occurrence that I left on for multiple power cycles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This, for me, is the only really annoying thing about my Bolt EV. This "Taking your eyes off the road..." message comes up randomly while I am driving. It is really stupid–of course I have to momentarily take my eyes off the road to turn off the message. Whoever decided to include this message clearly didn't think things through. I wish that there were a way to turn it off permanently.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I get it too, seemingly randomly, but when it does appear, android auto kind of fails to show, I have to long-press the home button. Cause or effect, who knows.
My Caddy had an annoying disclaimer to accept every single time you started it so "once in awhile" is an improvement from that.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
This message popped-up while I was driving. I looked to my right and down to read it, lost control, went over a cliff, crashed and died in a giant lithium-fueled explosion at the bottom.

Thanks a lot, GM.

Warning

Taking your eyes off of the road to read this stupid message
could cause a crash, resulting in injury
or death to you or others. Focus your attention on driving.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's occasional and random for me, also. I keep thinking that perhaps the appearance is due to using the touch screen in some excessive manner while driving but that's never been the case when it appears. I'm thinking of the Chevrolet Smart Driver measures on the MyChevrolet app. It rates your driving based on what I assume are a set of algorithms. Is it possible there is some algorithm in the vehicle that measures a deviation in your driving behavior and triggers the screen warning?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Appears randomly on shutdown on my LT too. No, I don't have lane assist or any of that foofora. Another useless message that pops up when I top out on speed is 'Speed is limited to 92 mph'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was using Apple CarPlay yesterday, when a white banner popped up at the top of the screen. Looks like 3 blocks.

One has a picture of the battery ( I think ) with heat waves coming off it, straight up and an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. Another one has a green check mark and one has a red X. There are other pictures in those blocks as well, but the dang thing doesn't stay on long enough to figure out what it's trying to tell me.

Anyone seen this?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was using Apple CarPlay yesterday, when a white banner popped up at the top of the screen. Looks like 3 blocks.

One has a picture of the battery ( I think ) with heat waves coming off it, straight up and an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. Another one has a green check mark and one has a red X. There are other pictures in those blocks as well, but the dang thing doesn't stay on long enough to figure out what it's trying to tell me.

Anyone seen this?
Did you have your phone in the little cell phone pouch with wireless charging?

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Anyone seen this?
see that every time I put my phone in the wireless charger. It is warning you not to put paperclips, keys, and other metal objects in the wireless charger receptacle. Guess those things can get hot and maybe melt something or worse.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No, my phone doesn't fit in that hole.

But my can of smokeless tobacco does and it has a metal cover. Wow! I never would have figured that one out.

Thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts