Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum!
Just replaced my 2011 Leaf that was down to about 50 miles of range. The evse upgrade cable I got for my Leaf back in 2011 is working well with the new Bolt plugged into a dryer outlet and the Blink wall mounted power supply I have charges at full speed. But at the second house where I use the evse upgrade to the original Leaf portable cable is a little slower. So I ordered a 50 amp breaker, some 6-3 with ground and an outdoor 14-50 outlet. The plan is to get the New Maxx-40 cord that has more than enough capacity for the Bolt charger. The whole package is less than $600.
I am loving the new Bolt except hooking up to my Android phone is a little sketchy and no home link for the garage door but for an extra 180 miles of range I'll get over it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome. I picked up a white LT in late August replacing a 2015 Leaf. I really have no complaints.. the car is an excellent follow on to the Leaf experience. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hello to the forum!
I ordered a 50 amp breaker, some 6-3 with ground and an outdoor 14-50 outlet. The plan is to get the New Maxx-40 cord that has more than enough capacity for the Bolt charger. The whole package is less than $600.
I did not know about the Maxx-40 when I purchased my EVSE. It was not even listed by ExvidWiki on the "8 Best Electrical Vehicle Chargers 2017". It seems like a good one. Let us know how reliable it is. IF I need a second one to carry in the Bolt (replacing the provided 120 volt EVSE) I may look in their direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts