Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just purchased a 2017 Bolt EV and I love it!! My apologies if this has already been discussed but I’ve searched this forum for almost an hour and can’t find an answer! I’ve also read the manual. It says on page 114 of the manual that the Trip Odometer “shows how far the vehicle has been driven since the trip odometer was last reset”. OK, that makes perfect sense. It then goes on to say that the trip odometer is accessed and reset through the driver information center DIC. Page 133.

I followed the instructions on page 133 but I do not seem to have anything on the DIC that shows trip display etc. The manual then states “some items may not be turned on by default but can be turned on through the options app. See DIC info page options” earlier in this section. I’ve searched earlier in the section and can’t find that either!

So... it would seem that my vehicle does not have a trip display and I can’t figure out how to turn it back on!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What I do have under the DIC is Audio, Phone, On-star Nav, layout and options. I’ve looked into each of these with no success.

Thank you!!

Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying so quickly!

When I press the UP/DOWN arrows on the right half of the wheel here are the 4 choices that I see.
This is a brand new Bolt EV manufactured in may 2017

Open source, speed limit, units, help

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
RTFM. Here's a link to the owner's manual, that you can download, and then search :
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT EV/Owner's Manual.pdf

A search for 'odometer' reveals this info on page 134 :

"Trip and Average Electrical Energy Economy :

The Trip display shows the current distance traveled, in either kilometers (km) or miles (mi), since the trip odometer was last reset. The trip odometer can be reset by pressing and holding {check-mark} while this display is active."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goodness! I finally got it! It is under “Vehicle Info” once there click on the right arrow and then up down will show trip gage, tire pressure, timer etc. Thank you for the manual reference. It is surprising that they don’t give you an actual menu tree given that the car has a fairly complex menu system!

Peter

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trip reset

This does seem to be buried a bit much for something that people could frequently use, but once we get used to it we’ll know the routine. And why only 1 trip meter?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
This does seem to be buried a bit much for something that people could frequently use, but once we get used to it we’ll know the routine. And why only 1 trip meter?
Yeah, that annoyed me at first. I used to use one trip meter on my Prius C to track efficiency for each trip, and the second one to track efficiency for each tank of gas. Now I'm just tracking per-trip stats, but since I recharge after most trips anyway it doesn't seem to be that much of a loss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Goodness! I finally got it! It is under “Vehicle Info” once there click on the right arrow and then up down will show trip gage, tire pressure, timer etc. Thank you for the manual reference. It is surprising that they don’t give you an actual menu tree given that the car has a fairly complex menu system!

Peter
In a 12.23.17 post you uncovered how to access the trip odometer, which I found in Vehicle Info. Can't thank you enough for posting that. We bought a 2020 Bolt in late February, and I have only driven it 380 miles to the grocery store and bakery since then. We can't travel much of anywhere due to Covid, as we are past 70, but we'll be doing some long distance travel from Cleveland to Chicago. I've read some older road-trip-type postings and think they'll be helpful in covering the 342 miles to our son's place in Chicago. Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts