Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Began the buyback process here in NH. Bought my 2019 Bolt in MA so not sure how this will go. Concierge person sent me the e-mail with the documents request and sent those back about an hour later. So, now the wait. In the meantime, looking at Model 3 and Model Y options right now. Mostly because I have no idea how long this will take and I need to decide on what replaces the Bolt. EV6 or Ioniq 5 are also in the running, but unavailable, now at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I did what you did about 5 weeks ago. I also sent in the requested info within 24 hours. 9 days after first contact, got a call back from "Elizabeth", my concierge specialist, saying she would touch base weekly. That was the last I heard from her despite leaving numerous messages. Finally called the main number again yesterday. The guy tried to be helpful, and escalated it to a senior advisor who is supposed to call me back within a day or two. We'll see.

This is very different from when I traded my 19 in for a 21 back in February. Then, I got a call from the specialist like clock work when she said she'd call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did what you did about 5 weeks ago. I also sent in the requested info within 24 hours. 9 days after first contact, got a call back from "Elizabeth", my concierge specialist, saying she would touch base weekly. That was the last I heard from her despite leaving numerous messages. Finally called the main number again yesterday. The guy tried to be helpful, and escalated it to a senior advisor who is supposed to call me back within a day or two. We'll see.

This is very different from when I traded my 19 in for a 21 back in February. Then, I got a call from the specialist like clock work when she said she'd call.
Yeah, not really expecting anything to be quick. Why I'm not putting a deposit on the Y right now. Though that delivery date does keep moving back. So, maybe I should...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Yeah, not really expecting anything to be quick. Why I'm not putting a deposit on the Y right now. Though that delivery date does keep moving back. So, maybe I should...
I'm considering a model 3. Like you, the 6 month lead time makes me think about putting in a reservation. But they are not refundable, and it is just not possible to know for certain if and when GM will execute on a buyback. Lets say for whatever reason GM decided to not do a buyback. Who knows how long it will take to get the battery in the Bolt replaced, and until that happens, selling the Bolt to anyone other than GM means taking a big hit on the price the Bolt would fetch. I don't want to pay out of pocket for a Model 3, then be waiting who knows how long till the Bolt gets the battery replaced so I can sell it...I have the luxury of having another vehicle I can drive if I do end up selling back the Bolt and then waiting for a Model 3 (although it is a big truck that is not a very good economical around-town vehicle for sure), so I'm going to wait until I have more definite info from GM about if/when they are buying back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Yeah, not really expecting anything to be quick. Why I'm not putting a deposit on the Y right now. Though that delivery date does keep moving back. So, maybe I should...
We put the order in on the Y the same week I started the buy back. Not scheduled for delivery until January, so still have a bit of time. If the buy back doesn't look like it's going to happen, we'll probably trade in our Volvo PHEV instead. Wouldn't mind being a two BEV family, except that thread on lack of charging here in AZ / UT / NV region for exploring off the beaten path.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm considering a model 3. Like you, the 6 month lead time makes me think about putting in a reservation. But they are not refundable, and it is just not possible to know for certain if and when GM will execute on a buyback. Lets say for whatever reason GM decided to not do a buyback. Who knows how long it will take to get the battery in the Bolt replaced, and until that happens, selling the Bolt to anyone other than GM means taking a big hit on the price the Bolt would fetch. I don't want to pay out of pocket for a Model 3, then be waiting who knows how long till the Bolt gets the battery replaced so I can sell it...I have the luxury of having another vehicle I can drive if I do end up selling back the Bolt and then waiting for a Model 3 (although it is a big truck that is not a very good economical around-town vehicle for sure), so I'm going to wait until I have more definite info from GM about if/when they are buying back.
At this point I have the luxury to work from home for the foreseeable future. So, if my buyback happened quickly it wouldn't be to big of an issue that we couldn't overcome.
We put the order in on the Y the same week I started the buy back. Not scheduled for delivery until January, so still have a bit of time. If the buy back doesn't look like it's going to happen, we'll probably trade in our Volvo PHEV instead. Wouldn't mind being a two BEV family, except that thread on lack of charging here in AZ / UT / NV region for exploring off the beaten path.
I likely would, should the buyback not happen, sell mine to Vroom or Carvana. That said, I think with a Tesla reservation you can say no and opt to wait later if needed due to, life. I'm just done with GM at this point. I think the Bolt has a scarlet letter on it and will remain with that going forward. GM damaged the brand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got a call from Chevy. My paperwork is all received, they just needed to know if I wanted an MSRP swap or buyback. I told them buyback, though I could probably change it if needed. I asked about which state laws would be used and they told me it would be the state it's titled in, in my case NH. So, moving forward. Timeline when I asked about it comes down to when they find a sponsoring dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I'm considering a model 3. Like you, the 6 month lead time makes me think about putting in a reservation. But they are not refundable, and it is just not possible to know for certain if and when GM will execute on a buyback. Lets say for whatever reason GM decided to not do a buyback. Who knows how long it will take to get the battery in the Bolt replaced, and until that happens, selling the Bolt to anyone other than GM means taking a big hit on the price the Bolt would fetch. I don't want to pay out of pocket for a Model 3, then be waiting who knows how long till the Bolt gets the battery replaced so I can sell it...I have the luxury of having another vehicle I can drive if I do end up selling back the Bolt and then waiting for a Model 3 (although it is a big truck that is not a very good economical around-town vehicle for sure), so I'm going to wait until I have more definite info from GM about if/when they are buying back.
Buying this car has been like to get married.
where you can get married in 30 minutes (buying the car) but the divorce can be a nightmare (GM buyback).
Well I am in the same boat like you.
I started the repurchase process and submitted my paperwork, also got a case # of 6 digit and now waiting for a call back.
I am also planning to buy a model 3 and also thinking to reserve my order since Tesla waiting time is March now, but is uncertain what will happen with GM buyback. So I decided to be patient and see what happens.
Anyway if the ships shortage ends in January as they have foreseen probably Tesla can catch up with the deliveries
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buying this car has been like to get married.
where you can get married in 30 minutes (buying the car) but the divorce can be a nightmare (GM buyback).
Well I am in the same boat like you.
I started the repurchase process and submitted my paperwork, also got a case # of 6 digit and now waiting for a call back.
I am also planning to buy a model 3 and also thinking to reserve my order since Tesla waiting time is March now, but is uncertain what will happen with GM buyback. So I decided to be patient and see what happens.
Anyway if the ships shortage ends in January as they have foreseen probably Tesla can catch up with the deliveries
I'm on the fence right now. Got the call that mine was moving forward, but no 6 digit number, yet. I'm also very interested in the EV6 over the Y and would prefer to test drive the Y, Ioniq 5 and EV6 before putting my money down. So, going to have to float things for a bit. My original test drive of the Y was canceled the week before because the sold all of them. Said I should try again late Oct. Dang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Glad there's another NH person out there. I see plenty of Bolts on the roads, but haven't seen a lot in the forums.

Generally speaking, what are the state laws that pertain to this situation? I bought my 2019 in NH, and it was my first GM vehicle. I'm on the fence about waiting for a new battery vs pursuing a buyback, or MSRP swap, that I've seen brought up as the other option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad there's another NH person out there. I see plenty of Bolts on the roads, but haven't seen a lot in the forums.

Generally speaking, what are the state laws that pertain to this situation? I bought my 2019 in NH, and it was my first GM vehicle. I'm on the fence about waiting for a new battery vs pursuing a buyback, or MSRP swap, that I've seen brought up as the other option.
NH Lemon Law is what is being used according to GM. Still waiting on a sponsoring dealer at this point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
Just got a call from Chevy. My paperwork is all received, they just needed to know if I wanted an MSRP swap or buyback. I told them buyback, though I could probably change it if needed. I asked about which state laws would be used and they told me it would be the state it's titled in, in my case NH. So, moving forward. Timeline when I asked about it comes down to when they find a sponsoring dealer.
Having gone through this process in the past, I can tell you that starting the process for the buyback then shifting to MSRP will likely set you back, timewise. I tried doing this, as we weren't 100% sure about what we wanted to do, and was told by the repurchase coordinator we were working with for the buyback that our paperwork would be sent to a different department and that would put us back to square one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having gone through this process in the past, I can tell you that starting the process for the buyback then shifting to MSRP will likely set you back, timewise. I tried doing this, as we weren't 100% sure about what we wanted to do, and was told by the repurchase coordinator we were working with for the buyback that our paperwork would be sent to a different department and that would put us back to square one.
I'm basically set on a buyback. Already figured an estimate on what I expect to get based on others and the lemon laws here. Setting aside some money in an investment to do some growing while I await the EV6 release. This waiting gives me plenty of time to plan and prepare to be ready to pounce.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top