Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Grey delivered to me in Portland in December is now at the Seattle shipping docks, bound for my home island of Oahu, Hawaii on a ship leaving this weekend. We had a great road trip almost to Mexico in Jan-Feb, and put almost 4,000 miles on the great vehicle. I was able to get a nice set of Thule roof racks installed at a reasonable price in Portland (Rack Attack) and will often carry stand up paddle boards, kayaks, etc here.

I want to add "car wrap" graphic designs to the sides of the car, probably with a flower lei type motif, to lighten up the color of the car a bit.(white flower lei, with some yellow and green accent via leaves maybe) When I bought my Mitsubishi I-Miev in 2012 the dealers had many graphics options with good overall effect to add from their parts department, but I have not seen that kind of thing done for Chevy? It made my job easier to copy some of the graphic artists concepts for where to place the graphics for best effect, etc.
Has anyone considered adding wrap to their grey yet? Ideas?
Aloha, Chaplain Bill, Kaneohe, Hawaii

·
Registered
9 Posts
This a picture of my I-Miev, which I still own, though battery degradation is starting to be a range problem. The dealer is replacing my main traction batteries as part of the 10 year warranty. But the range will still be only 90 miles, tops.
Looking to spice up the look of my grey Bolt with some lei design, maybe some "tapa" like I did with this one. Note surf racks, also added to my Bolt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I was thinking of an I-Miev but never saw them in Florida.........

Sounds like you are having fun with the Bolt!!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
This a picture of my I-Miev, which I still own, though battery degradation is starting to be a range problem. The dealer is replacing my main traction batteries as part of the 10 year warranty. But the range will still be only 90 miles, tops.
Looking to spice up the look of my grey Bolt with some lei design, maybe some "tapa" like I did with this one. Note surf racks, also added to my Bolt.
Nice! I like the idea of a Polynesian surf wagon Bolt. Please post pictures of what you come up with!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The more I see the Gray Nightfall the more I like it. I also like the Cajun Red a lot mostly because of the black grill that is not available on the Orange.
Yeah, I have no idea why the orange can't have the black grill. It would look awesome on there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dear Barnacle Bill,

In your note you mentioned that the Rack Attack was able to fit you with some Thule racks. Were these overhead racks for a Premier? There is an active thread on this issue. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Pic that the dealer took when the car was delivered to them. Still has the tape I assume to keep the charge door closed during transport.
Oh... you didn't know? Self latching power doors are an optional dealer upgrade. Cheapskates have to use tape. It gets kinda old after a time. Leave a tab...

;):laugh:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just got my nightfall grey last night and I am in love!
I could not even take a picture because there was a huge snow storm going on and this morning the commute took two hours but... not using gas! so I am extremely satisfied. I noticed some people staring at the car as I drove by.

Reactions: Bolt Action
1 - 17 of 17 Posts