Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan dealers in northern Colorado went crazy slashing prices this Black Friday. A Nissan Leaf usually costs between $28,980 and $35,020 -- this Black Friday customers were able to get one for about a third that price.

OK, ready for more good news? The deal actually goes on for the next month, ending at the end of the year. Here's how it works:

According to Green Car Reports, the program is offered in partnership with Tynan’s Nissan and Drive Electric Northern Colorado (DENC). Tynan’s Nissan will take $9,007 off the EV’s retail price. Coupled with a total of $13,500 in refundable electric vehicle tax credits - $6,000 through Colorado’s EV tax credit and $7,500 through the federal tax credit - buyers can expect quite the offer.
In the end you'd save about $21,000, and pay about $10,000.

Anyone going to rush out to pick up a Nissan Leaf from northern Colorado? You can't deny it's a good deal.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-nissan-leaf-gets-three-times-cheaper-during-black-friday-in-northern-colorado-102364.html#

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's just crazy low in price, will be interesting to see how many of these they were able to move since I can imagine that there are a lot of folks who would jump at this opportunity.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the price that usually holds people back, or the range and charging infrastructure though? I'm curious how a big decrease in price would affect sales.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I still wouldn't buy one even at that price because the range isn't comparable to what we will see in the future. I would rather pay more for the 200 mile range than get a cheap one that limits me to the city perimeter only.

It's great if you're a city traveler only because of the extra perk, just doesn't fit into my lifestyle.
24 months of free EV charging through EVGo’s “No-Charge to Charge” will. It should be noted that the network is made of 1,111 charging stations within the region. Moreover, Tynan’s Nissan will also provide its customers with six free days of an internal combustion engine vehicle rental for longer road trips, so the transition is not too shocking.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I still wouldn't buy one even at that price because the range isn't comparable to what we will see in the future. I would rather pay more for the 200 mile range than get a cheap one that limits me to the city perimeter only.

It's great if you're a city traveler only because of the extra perk, just doesn't fit into my lifestyle.
With that being the case, looks like they wanted to keep getting while the getting was good :D

Better to cut losses now before they get worse I guess.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Once the longer range bolt comes out along with the other electric options next year, the Leaf will have a very tough time getting sold. We could actually see the price drop even more come boxing day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts