Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everyone is gunning for Tesla these days. Makes me wonder if Nissan will do the same to Chevy's Bolt once it hits the market by claiming the Leaf as the more affordable alternative.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think Nissan will be able to give the First Gen Leafs away once the 200+ mile mid-class EVs from Chevy and Tesla start coming out. It seems like Nissan could have taken the lead in this category, but instead chose to keep marketing the same tired design. They had better have something special for the 2nd Gen Leaf or their EV program may be in trouble.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sadly this might mean less and less people buying the Leaf, just look at what the Model 3 accomplishes and the sort of people it appeals to, it's the cheaper Model S everyone wanted. Even the Bolt might suffer a bit. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I assume Nissan is scrambling to develop a new Leaf with better range and design right now. Actually hoping they do so because competition drive innovation. The more manufacturers coming out with affordable electric vehicles, the more choices we as buyers have in the future.

But Nissan needs a better product before they can start trolling Chevy or Tesla.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But their MSRP starts at $29,010 for the 2016 model. Buyers may as well wait a bit for the model they truly want unless they're really in need of a new car. Not really worth it if you take into account the range difference too when compared to the Model 3 and Bolt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
With incentives and rebates, that's quite affordable for a new one and even more so with a used Leaf but being more affordable doesn't help when the underlying cause of their slow down is range anxiety.

Now that Ford is planning to come out with their own 200 mile range hatchback, Nissan will have to come out with a much improved Leaf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts