Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I pre-ordered my bolt ev back in October 2022. I called my dealer today and he said that productions are not building any personal cars in the month of Feb. They are only focusing on business cars. They will resume making orders in Early march. Anyone else in NJ having this issue too? I ordered my vehicle from Chevy of Livingston. I heard they have low allocations but anyone have any information on that? Has anyone's bolt arrived yet from this dealership?

· Registered
2023 Bolt EUV Premier Base model
1 Posts
Try Seacoast Chevrolet in Ocean, NJ. They are a volume Bolt dealer and our salesman, Dillon Turner, was excellent. MSRP, ordered in mid-November a 2023 Bolt EUV Premier and it was delivered last week. Excellent service!

· Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
410 Posts
Who's your sales contact at the dealership? Crazy Eddie, Dave, Dave B, or?

We're in the northern NJ/NYC area. We passed up over a dozen Chevy dealers to order our '22 Bolt EV thru Schumacher.
Based on his Youtube vids - Dave B is an honest sales dude. He gives viewers inside info on the whole dealership process.
He's transparent and a no BS guy. We ordered our Bolt in the spring of 2022. GM built car in July. But dealer only got car in
Sept. We're pretty happy with the whole process - minus the delays from Chevy. Would recommend Dave B of Schumacher
Chevy of Livingston, NJ to friends and family.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

We're in the northern NJ/NYC area. We passed up over a dozen Chevy dealers to order our '22 Bolt EV thru Schumacher.
Based on his Youtube vids - Dave B is an honest sales dude. He gives viewers inside info on the whole dealership process.
He's transparent and a no BS guy. We ordered our Bolt in the spring of 2022. GM built car in July. But dealer only got car in
Sept. We're pretty happy with the whole process - minus the delays from Chevy. Would recommend Dave B of Schumacher

I did my purchase with Drew. Very nice salesman but I had to reach out multiple times to find what the **** was going on with my order

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,483 Posts
Hey guys,
I pre-ordered my bolt ev back in October 2022. I called my dealer today and he said that productions are not building any personal cars in the month of Feb. They are only focusing on business cars. They will resume making orders in Early march. Anyone else in NJ having this issue too? I ordered my vehicle from Chevy of Livingston. I heard they have low allocations but anyone have any information on that? Has anyone's bolt arrived yet from this dealership?
As I see it, the biggest problem here, is that you believe anything that a car dealer or salesperson verbally tells you.

My experiences with them has made me exceedingly cynical as to the truthfullness of anything exiting a car dealer or salesperson's mouth. IMO, if it's not in writing, it didn't happen, and they will deny anything and everything that was promised verbally.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I see it, the biggest problem here, is that you believe anything that a car dealer or salesperson verbally tells you.

My experiences with them has made me exceedingly cynical as to the truthfullness of anything exiting a car dealer or salesperson's mouth. IMO, if it's not in writing, it didn't happen, and they will deny anything and everything that was promised verbally.
What would you suggest I do?

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier | Supercruise| Mosisc Black
7 Posts
Hey guys,
I ordered from that dealership -I assume you’re talking about Schumacher in Livingston. They’re a great dealer -no markups or high doc fees and actually one of the highest volume dealers for Bolt sales in the state. The problem is because they have so many orders there is a long queue before they can even place your order. I ordered an EUV Premier in Nov and they said 7 to 10 months minimum.
I got super lucky because no more than 30 minutes after I left my salesperson called and said she couldn’t believe it but there’s one in transit that someone canceled and gave me first grab at it since it happened to be spec’d identically to the one I just ordered. It came in December and they were nice enough to hold it for Jan 2 delivery so I could get the $7500

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered from that dealership -I assume you’re talking about Schumacher in Livingston. They’re a great dealer -no markups or high doc fees and actually one of the highest volume dealers for Bolt sales in the state. The problem is because they have so many orders there is a long queue before they can even place your order. I ordered an EUV Premier in Nov and they said 7 to 10 months minimum.
I got super lucky because no more than 30 minutes after I left my salesperson called and said she couldn’t believe it but there’s one in transit that someone canceled and gave me first grab at it since it happened to be spec’d identically to the one I just ordered. It came in December and they were nice enough to hold it for Jan 2 delivery so I could get the $7500
Yeah that’s why I ordered from them because they don’t charge markups. What was your final out the door price if you don’t mind me asking. Any other fees on top of the MSRP? Also did they deduct the rebate from the final price?

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier | Supercruise| Mosisc Black
7 Posts
Yeah that’s why I ordered from them because they don’t charge markups. What was your final out the door price if you don’t mind me asking. Any other fees on top of the MSRP? Also did they deduct the rebate from the final price?
$31,180 was my final out-the-door cost including registration and doc fee. Their doc fee is $389, which is still a BS charge but not nearly as offensive as what other dealers charge. And the ~$400 registration is state-determined fee.
It's a Premier w/Supercurise and the Mosiac black, MSRP $34,395. They took the NJ $4,000 and $500 Costco rebate off the MSRP but I won't get the $7500 until I file my taxes next year.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$31,180 was my final out-the-door cost including registration and doc fee. Their doc fee is $389, which is still a BS charge but not nearly as offensive as what other dealers charge. And the ~$400 registration is state-determined fee.
It's a Premier w/Supercurise and the Mosiac black, MSRP $34,395. They took the NJ $4,000 and $500 Costco rebate off the MSRP but I won't get the $7500 until I file my taxes next year.
Wow! That’s amazing. The premier is a beautiful car hope you are enjoying it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts