Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess my car is working pretty well if this is all I have to complain about. Has anyone experienced this problem: phone is paired with bluetooth, contact list is visible (when on the phone page), phone ringing plays through the audio system, but the number of the caller never displays on the screen? The screen just stays on the radio display or wherever it was before the ringing started.

Given that I'm driving a car I am sure as heck not going to answer a call from some random caller while I am driving. I want to know who is calling (without taking my hands off the wheel and eyes of the road to look at the phone).

I tried this with both my iPhone 5 running IOS 10 and with my partner's Samsung Galaxy.

On a related note, does GM or the media company sponsoring this site offer incentives for members to answer random questions like this? I don't totally get how a niche site like this attracts people to answer questions. (I guess I'm spoiled by the reputation systems offered by other Q&A sites.)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
On a related note, does GM or the media company sponsoring this site offer incentives for members to answer random questions like this? I don't totally get how a niche site like this attracts people to answer questions. (I guess I'm spoiled by the reputation systems offered by other Q&A sites.)
Dunno, but GM does participate in bug bounties: https://hackerone.com/gm

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
there's a privacy setting that may prevent it from showing
I agree. It may have been set up at the time of Android Auto installation. I had this, too, so I re-installed AA and gave it permission to show the caller.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Maybe just for the Bluetooth: (page 145 in manual)
Bluetooth Phone
This allows the connected Bluetooth phone to be configured. See “Bluetooth Phone” in Settings p 177.
. My Number
. Privacy
. Sort Contacts
. Resync Device Contacts

Privacy
This allows call alerts to appear on the infotainment display.
Select Off or On.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pilot Error! When the phone rang I was looking exclusively at the center console screen where my other car shows the caller id. On the Bolt the caller id shows on the same screen that shows your current speed (might be called the dash screen?). It's nice. It keeps your eyes closer to looking at the road.

I guess my car is working pretty well if this is all I have to complain about. Has anyone experienced this problem: phone is paired with bluetooth, contact list is visible (when on the phone page), phone ringing plays through the audio system, but the number of the caller never displays on the screen? The screen just stays on the radio display or wherever it was before the ringing started.

Given that I'm driving a car I am sure as heck not going to answer a call from some random caller while I am driving. I want to know who is calling (without taking my hands off the wheel and eyes of the road to look at the phone).

I tried this with both my iPhone 5 running IOS 10 and with my partner's Samsung Galaxy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts