Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big surprise when I got home with my new 2017 EV Bolt. I tried to move my business signs from my old Honda Odyssey van and they slid right to the ground. As my grandson used to say "Gravity happens!" The Bolt sure feels like metal, but it's not. OK, so we try to save vehicle weight anyway we can, but shouldn't the salesforce say something, especially when they've seen the signs on the vehicle I drove to the dealership to execute the purchase. So it looks like I will get a decal for business purpose to adhere to my Bolt! What an unexpected surprise!:eek:

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Wait, you expect salesmen to know anything about the cars they sell? Don't be surprised if they tell you that oil changes are free for the first year. Most of these guys don't know a thing other than what color the car comes in. My experience is that dealerships are experts in extracting money from customers, and nothing else.

Although it would be reasonable to expect salesmen to know something about the products they sell, my advice is to do your own research, especially when it's your money on the line.

“The hood, front fenders, doors, and liftgate outer are made of aluminum,” Ligouri wrote. “The roof and rear quarter panel are steel. Body structure is a mixture of mild, high-strength and advanced high-strength steel.”

Looks like it would stick to the rear quarter if that is large enough to fit your sign.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Big surprise when I got home with my new 2017 EV Bolt. I tried to move my business signs from my old Honda Odyssey van and they slid right to the ground. As my grandson used to say "Gravity happens!" The Bolt sure feels like metal, but it's not. OK, so we try to save vehicle weight anyway we can, but shouldn't the salesforce say something, especially when they've seen the signs on the vehicle I drove to the dealership to execute the purchase. So it looks like I will get a decal for business purpose to adhere to my Bolt! What an unexpected surprise!:eek:
The panels are all metal, just some of them are aluminum, thus not magnetic. Exterior portions of the doors, hood, liftgate and fenders are either all aluminum or a mix of aluminum and steel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for pointing out the rear quarter panel issue. I will check that out. Rather use magnet than a laminated decal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts