Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had the car 2 days but I'm already not liking the steering wheel button control lay out.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to always have my volume +/- and track selection on the same side (location) of the wheel.

I usually drive the car with my left hand constantly at the 9 o'clock position and my right hand on the shifter or armrest.

But if I want to adjust the volume I have to use my right hand. If I want to change tracks, I have to my adjust my left hand down to the 7 o'clock position to access the Fave Up/Down button.

Not a deal breaker but just a rant.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Steering wheel mute button

I wish the mute button on the steering wheel was nearer my thumb, but I like the radio controls at the back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 2017 Volt Premier I traded in for my Bolt has exactly the same layout. It was kinda foreign for me at first, coming from Audis, but I got used to it. Just give it time, I guess, and you should adjust.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am not really used to steering wheel controls so i was out of place when I got it.

I got used to it, kinda, but it took about a month.

I do Not use the paddle or any of the Left hand thumb buttons. Just mainly the FM turner and volume buttons.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Don't worry, after a while it'll become second nature. Force yourself to use the steering wheel controls as much as possible. Even though they seem awkward at first. I'm so used to Bolt controls now, when I get into my wife's ICE car which is also a relatively new Chevy, her controls seem wierd. On the Bolt I like the way you can cancel cruise control in two different ways, by hitting the little cruise cancel button on the far left of the front OR just give the rear paddle a quick pull. ( I don't usually use the third way which is: touch the brake pedal..after all I'm also trained in one pedal/no pedal driving )
;)

The heater AC controls in the Bolt are also rather unusual. But I got used to them & now think their layout is great as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't like the Volume controls been in the back right of the steering wheel. My previous ICE cars had them on the front left side.
Normally I use my left hand to drive. I find myself using both hands to control most of the features on the steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts