Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good and the bad. NYS authorized NYSERDA last year to grant up to a $2000 incentive for BEV's and Plug in hybrids. Yesterday they announced after one year since they were authorized to do so that buyers from April 1st on would qualify for the incentives. I believe the credit should be retroactive to at least January 1st. I don't understand how they can announce almost a month in advance that the incentive is available. What happens is that it would make no sense to buy any BEV or plug in, in NYS from now to April 1st. I am waiting on the delivery of my Bolt in New York and it will sit at the dealership. I hope they will hold it, understanding that it makes no sense to buy in March. http://wxxinews.org/post/new-york-launch-electric-vehicle-rebate

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe you must have a purchase date after this legislation is passed. I just mentioned this to my wife today. Apparently, 2 Bolts were delivered to the dealership yesterday and sold pretty much on the spot. I'm thinking who in their right mind is going to pay 2K more for 23 days of ownership?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There will always be buyers who aren't willing to wait or can't if their previous lease is ending. Does everyone get the full $2k?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I believe the dealer will get the rebate but I can't tell you if it is before or after sales tax. Also the April 1st date is a target date and not confirmed. My Bolt is in my dealers inventory but I'm not sure of its location. I am bummed that I have to wait due to NYS but thnkful my dealer has agreed to "hold it" pending the rebate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts