Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2020 Bolt a few weeks back I also bought a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ reader so I could check on the battery health and other info on occasion. Yesterday I decided to plug it in and connected using a free iOS app Car Scanner with the Bolt PIDs loaded just for kicks. All seemed good, voltage on every cell was sitting right at 3.9v. Then I went to the "trouble codes section" click "read" and a few things came up. I didn't have any dash lights or anything come up when I last used the MyChevy app so I didn't think anything of it. I disconnected from the app, removed the reader from the port, and shut the car down.

A little later I loaded the MyChevy app and it says "Action suggested: An attached device may be preventing your vehicle's diagnostic test from completing. Unplug any device from the diagnostic port and try again later." I know the MyChevy app is mostly a novelty, and rather buggy, but I like opening it up to check on my new car every once in a while.

Not sure what's going on or why the MyChevy app still thinks the reader is connected when it's not. Also, I've had no trouble with the car, so why are these codes coming up only with the OBD reader? Should I reset/clear them? I didn't want to mess anything up.

Here's the export from the OBD reader:

============1==============
P1E00
Raw code: 1E00
ECU: Engine control unit
Chevrolet: Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested MIL Illumination

============2==============
U0100
Raw code: C100
ECU: 7EC
OBDII: Data bus, engine control module (ECM) A - no communication
Chevrolet: Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Invalid Data; Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Message Counter Incorrect; Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Bus Signal Checksum Error

============3==============
U1817
Raw code: D817
Chevrolet: Lost Communication with Hybrid Powertrain Control Module on Powertrain Expansion Communication Bus

============4==============
U0293
Raw code: C293
OBDII: Lost communication with hybrid powertrain control module

============5==============
U1818
Raw code: D818
Chevrolet: Lost Communication with Engine Control Module on Powertrain Expansion Communication Bus
General Electrical Failures
============6==============
P1E00
Raw code: 1E00
Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC
Chevrolet: Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 Requested MIL Illumination
============7==============
U0100
Raw code: C100
OBDII: Data bus, engine control module (ECM) A - no communication
Chevrolet: Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Invalid Data; Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Message Counter Incorrect; Lost Communication With Engine Control Module Bus Signal Checksum Error

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,342 Posts
The Device caused those errors to happen. Those codes should go away on their own after the device is removed and you have a few "starts". It's unlikely it caused any damage, it just interrupted the communications between devices. It's a problem with how CAN works because the bus is all one wire.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Device caused those errors to happen. Those codes should go away on their own after the device is removed and you have a few "starts". It's unlikely it caused any damage, it just interrupted the communications between devices. It's a problem with how CAN works because the bus is all one wire.
Gotcha, I had a feeling it was something like that. I’m totally new to the OBD and understanding the many readings it offers. Thanks for the reply, that’s reassuring!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.