Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check Engine Light came on during a quick trip. Before I could take the car to my dealer, the Check Engine Light Cleared. I ran a OBD2 check and came up with two error codes:

P1E00 A generic something is up code.
U18A4 "Lost Communication With Hybrid/EV Battery DC Charging Communications Gateway Module On High Voltage Energy Management CAN Bus"

So a communication error that cleared. Others have reported this and it appears to be a benign condition. My dealer suggest that it is POSSIBLY caused by turning off the car and THEN trying to put the car into PARK.

The error code has not recurred despite a 560 mile road trip.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You could always try putting it in park after turning off the car and see if it happens again. But since you haven't seen it after that initial error code, it should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Check Engine Light came on during a quick trip. Before I could take the car to my dealer, the Check Engine Light Cleared. I ran a OBD2 check and came up with two error codes:
Did you drive with the ODBC WIFI adapter connected in the car with Torque ?
That happenned to me once.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
My dealer suggest that it is POSSIBLY caused by turning off the car and THEN trying to put the car into PARK.
You should inform your dealer that the Bolt automatically shifts into Park on power-down if you fail to do it yourself before shutting down. I do that all the time... and my Bolt never throws a code.
Just more BS from a clueless dealer Service Department.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts