Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
(aka Telek) 2017 LT
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

After playing with slow OBD2 adapters, I'm trying to log so much that the 10-15 samples/second isn't cutting it. I noticed that with Torque Pro it claims about 60+ samples per second with the ObdLink adapters, so I'm looking into those.

The MX version is about $30 USD more than the LX version, the only difference being a little bit more speed, and support for GM's single-wire CAN system. Is there support for this in the Bolt, and if so, does it matter?

Alternately any other recommendations for OBD2 adapters?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You can certainly tap into one side of the Can network, but it's a high/low speed setup.
I wouldn't use any OBDII port adapter. It causes issue's with the cars communication.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have been using an MX in STMA mode to capture ecisting traffic on the bus. Got a lot of data without any issues. Have started graphing them out hoping to find something useful.

Note: I have only used the left port and I have not attempted to do anything with Single Wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.